Drawing quality tips?

Oscar

I want to ask you guys what your process is for checking your completed markups? I check my drawings once or twice to see if I picked up everything but it irritates me that when I send it to the engineer I always miss something tiny or something that wasn't marked up at all and I probably should have spotted it...need tips.

Edited by Oscar

At more than one job, the engineer told me to highlight changes after I'd made them. That way both of us know they were done. You can even use different colors for different types of changes or for different drafters.

• Like 1

As CyberAngel said, highlight changes on the markup after you have made the change.  The engineer should be using red for things to be added, you should highlight with yellow when that change is done.  (Colors are only suggestions based on what I have seen over my 20+ years doing this.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyberAngel said:

At more than one job, the engineer told me to highlight changes after I'd made them. That way both of us know they were done. You can even use different colors for different types of changes or for different drafters.

That's how I have always done my revisions.

Also, if I have time, I will put the revised plans aside for a while and come back to them later, or the next day. Looking at them with fresh eyes will help you spot issues that you may not have noticed while you were staring at them for hours.

3 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

this is great thank you!