Getting "Tracers" Where My Cursor Goes

Jim Clayton

Hello. So I'm not sure what started this... probably me plugging in Lisps and testing them out...but I've started getting what I can only describe as tracers, that resemble points, wherever my cursor goes.  Does anyone know what this is, or more importantly how to fix it?  Would greatly appreciate the help.  Tks.

It would help to know what the "tracers" look like and how they're distributed. If it's the graphics card (as Cad64 suggested), you'll get streaks that follow the cursor even when it's in an empty space. If it's Blipmode, you'll get crosses that indicate any point you can Snap to, so they only appear near linework. The Center blips in arcs are especially strange because they seem to come out of nowhere. Use the Blipmode command to see if it's on. The command was retired, so you'll need a period as a prefix.

It's tiny crosses anywhere I point to...assuming it's Blipmode? (trying .BLIPMODE) Awesome! It worked! Thanks everyone.  Greatly appreciated.

well I found a folder full of old lisps...and knowing absolutely 4% about lisps, I thought "hey, I should definitely start plugging these in to see if they work...nothing bad can come of this"...enter, BLIPMODE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim Clayton said:

well I found a folder full of old lisps...and knowing absolutely 4% about lisps, I thought "hey, I should definitely start plugging these in to see if they work...nothing bad can come of this"...enter, BLIPMODE.

That's the problem with old code. Hardly anyone reset system variable back to their entry state, that and global variables.