Can I exclude certain levels from IFC export?

Siberian

Sometimes I create custom levels that might only show installations in slabs etc. However - I've been told on some projects that when exporting to IFC only the actual floor levels should be exported. I'd be happy to do that, but I haven't found any way to exclude certain levels from the export. Can this be done?

I do not know of a way to export independent parts of the model. From the Revit Export to IFC options dialog, all I see is the whole model. 

The obvious workaround is to make a sacrificial copy of the model and delete what's not needed, then export. But, IFC is an all-encompassing model environment so I'm not sure who's telling you it should be level by level. The BIM environment doesn't work well with the scenario of "level by level" as most BIM environments work in a single model workflow. 

-TZ

The goal isn't to exclude actual parts of the model. I suppose maybe it causes trouble when the IFCs from different disciplines are combined using Solibri Model Checker (SMC) or something similar, and then all kinds of level associations appear that aren't of any interest to the final user of the building.