Installed 2018 C3D, disabled plot dialog in LDT

Arizona

We are still doing the bulk of our work in 2009 LDT and Map, but our C3D training classes start 10/29.
So our IT leader installed 2018 C3D on all of our workstations.

Now, when any of us goes to plot via the plot dialog, we are instantly kicked out of ACAD. Boom, Poof! You're Out!

We can plot via the command line, which is an extremely frustrating task (did we really used to do it that way, like back in R10? Wow.).

Well, old habits and all, if you hit the plot icon, you're kicked. Oh Oops! Hope you saved. I've done it twice so far today...

Our IT girl has tried everything, even her contacts at Autodesk can't figure it out.

Any ideas what might be causing this? It's awful.

Thanks for listening,

Have you tried to Repair your installation of C3D? When you have a new piece of software, it's always the first suspect.

Are your default Plot and Publish settings valid (in Options)? Is the default plotter on a network, reachable with the operating system outside of AutoCAD? Are the Printer Support File Paths valid (under Files in Options), with the proper files in  them?

The more information you can give us, the better we can help you.

Never had that problem, we have around 20+ CIV3d installs all use our network printers. We get an error message when stuff is not right like can not find a printer.

Like CyberAngel I think your going to have to do a Repair.

What graphics card and driver are you using? What are the computer specifications? Does plotting from Civil 3D work without problems.

My older AutoCADs would get little glitches and random crashes, if the drivers were set up for the latest version.

The problem is only in the existing Land Desktop (2009) installation. C3D is plotting just fine.

The problem is the same on all computers in our office, about 20.

No changes were made to the previously fully functional network printing setups of any of the LDT installations.

After the C3D installation, LDT printing became wonky!

A response on another board is pointing me towards a Direct X issue, with it getting a new version during the C3D installation, but that kind of stuff is way above my learning.

Sounds like take the plunge I have the same problem, "I designed it in 2016 so I have not started using 2019 but why is a couple of things now not working" 1 out of 8 designers rest of us on 2019 all ok.

Running 2016 and 2019 at same time did some weird things with versions overiding settings that had been previously saved sounds like same problem the plot settings have overidden the LDT settings as they are maybe saved in the same registry location.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1