Put in the clipboard a string formed from the text of an attribute of the selected blocks

itacad

Hello, thanks to the very useful lisp for the selection of blocks through the use of the tag

I can select al the blocks that have for example the attribute "SIGLA"...is it possible to put in the clipboard as unique string the totality of the texts contained in the attribute SIGLA of the single blocks?

I think it would be the fastest way to put all this information in an Excel cell in order to be able to manage it through macros.

Greetings

Hello, I know the functions because I have always seen them suggested to save some text in the clipboard...I do not know how to use them, maybe with some help ...

the idea is to save in the clipboard after selecting all the blocks containing the attribute concerned using the fabulous 

SelBlksByAttTag

in the meantime, at least, I can understand how the express tool attext works, so I can use this method

Have to go right now but

pick block get its name using entsel

pick attribute using nentsel get its tag name

ssget the blocks of 1 name 

go through looking for the attribute add them up 

use the copy to clip board as lee posted

Hello Bigal...I read your suggestion, but it seems to me to start from a wrong assumption...after a selection procedure, I get the selection of all the blocks that have a specific attribute tag (even different blocks)...at that point I would like to be able to copy the content of the attribute with a specific tag of each block in the clipboard...I would not like to manually select the blocks because it would be impossible (in my case)...greetings in the meantime

Just remove the 1st line suggestion, if you do a nentsel on a block attribute it returns the tag name so do a ssget and pick all your blocks, then simply look at each block ‘getattributes and if tagname matches get a attribute value and I guess you want total.

On IPad at moment so will try to post something later

(entget (car (nentsel “Pick attribute”))) I think it’s assoc 1 is tagname