AutoCAD Auto Formatting Text

Bill Tillman

Ran into a real problem today with some MText. See the attached CAD file with the troublesome text. The second line in this should have said D.L.O. = DAY-LIGHT OPENING. Instead AutoCAD keeps auto-formatting the text and completes it as shown in the file. When I try to edit this, it will not let me move the cursor to the beginning of the lines. It dumps me into the 2nd column. The only solution I've found for this is to go to the end of the line above and delete the end of it. This of course makes the text I want to edit available but I have to readjust everything.

I'm using AC 2018 but saved this down to 2007. I hope it's not a version issue.

Problem Text.dwg

I was able to do it by putting my cursor at the beginning of the word "Day" and then hit backspace once. Then I could type in "D.L.O.=" without losing any formatting.

Not sure why it's doing this though?

Thanks. I tried CAD64's method and it worked. This is the same computer which at least twice a day I have to restart because I can no longer select objects in AutoCAD. I assume it's another desktop issue unique to this CPU. DOH!

If its crashing a lot maybe try to find a memory check program you can set these to run for a while say each lunch and they read write memory and can detect problems and then mark the error to be avoided same with hard disk find bad sectors.