compare drawings

samifox

hi

is it possible to place 2 drawing side by side and have them synced? meaning when over I zoom or drag one drawing the other drawing will respond the same,

Thanks

Shay

Are you talking about 2 different drawings? You can have multiple instances of Autocad open, and position them side by side, (Refer to this Article), but you can only work in one drawing at a time, so even if you if you did have the two drawings open, you can't pan and zoom in one and have the other one actively panning and zooming at the same time.

Our civil software allows for up to 3 views so a change in the vertical design is reflected in the cross sections and a 3d view all in real time. n

Not quite what your after.

To compare drawings I bring them both into an empty dwg placed on top of each other, and change every layer of each xref to a single (but different contrasting color in the layer manager)  then you can easily see the differences and change the draw order to see which if any has the most differences. So every layer in xref1 is red and every layer in xref2 is yellow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If I remember correctly, some newer Autodesk software is including this capability to compare drawings and highlight the differences right away.  But there may have been a LISP routine for it in the past.  Civil3d will include this feature too I think (which is where I read it a couple days ago).

Bluebeam is also a pretty versatile program that can do it (I think someone mentioned that).

There can be differences in tolerances between the two files too (but usually not an issue for most projects).

-ChriS

13 hours ago, ammobake said:

If I remember correctly, some newer Autodesk software is including this capability to compare drawings and highlight the differences right away.  But there may have been a LISP routine for it in the past.  Civil3d will include this feature too I think (which is where I read it a couple days ago).

As mentioned about 4 posts up, both BricsCAD v18 and later, and AutoCAD 2019 and later include this capability. It's not just limited to C3D.

There have been Enhancements added to the 2020 version of Drawing Compare that include allowing you to compare your current drawing with others and make updates as needed including attributes: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-2D69E78D-5C82-464F-B864-CD29D5720EB9-htm.html

Updates described at: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-7D9278AC-5197-4FA8-8EBF-A50E1279559C