Selected lines now showing as solid not dashed

Hodges1

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD LT 2015. I must have hit some command while working as now whenever I select a line it shows up solid with only the grip points showing. I want to get it back to show up as dashed lines when I select lines or hatch area to make it easier to identify. I have seen other questions like this answered online saying to change the HIGHLIGHT to 1 but this doesn't seem to work for me, it just stays solid on 0 and 1.

Does anyone know of another way to get selected lines to show up as dashed again?

Thank you in advance 

Yes, it does. The MAC version of AutoCAD does not have all of the features of the Windows version.

But are you saying that the dashed/hidden line effect was working on this system, at one point? And it changed?

Ah okay, thats good to know for the future. Yeah it was working fine, just suddenly changed. Also I have tried opening other drawings and it works as normal so it is just this one drawing

Whether you can control it in LT or not, it's a feature of the DWG file itself.

Not saying that is the problem, but just a possibility.

Can you post the drawing here? If not, can you erase everything except one line and post that ?

Drawing.dwg  I'm not sure if its worth attaching - I just saved a copy of the drawing to erase everything but 2 lines. Once I saved it, the selected lines are now showing up dashed again. So I opened the original file and it's working on there again as well! Perculiar!

I just tried opening it again and it went back to solid selected lines and after closing and opening the same file again it is dashed again.. it seems to be switching itself on and off and I haven't fiddled with any commands 

The 2 lines in your drawing are both on layer 0 with their linetype set to continuous. And all the layers in your drawing have linetype set to continous. So, I'm not sure how any of the lines in your drawing could display as dashed?

He is referring to when they are selected. Hence the recommendation for SELECTIONEFFECT=0. Best I could find on Autodesk, 2015 AutoCAD LT should have this SYSVAR. Couldn't find anything on the Mac version.

I do believe your graphics card/driver can cause this issue.

6 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

He is referring to when they are selected.

I do believe your graphics card/driver can cause this issue.

Ok, I guess I misunderstood the question. If it's an issue with selection display then I would agree that it's probably the graphics card driver. Changing the variable works fine for me. Selected lines display as dashed.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, SLW210 said:

..... the recommendation for SELECTIONEFFECT=0. Best I could find on Autodesk, 2015 AutoCAD LT should have this SYSVAR. Couldn't find anything on the Mac version.

Presuming that AutoCAD for MAC 2015 and AutoCAD LT for MAC 2015 are the same when it comes to sysvars, then it's N/A.