Fillet polylines to radius 0 not working

claire2017

For some reason i can't fillet/polyline to radius 0 anymore.

I've been doing this on basically the same shaped object for months and all of a sudden its stopped working. It works on newly drawn objects but not on the existing ones ( i cant redraw them all as there's thousands). If i paste the existing polyline into a new drawing it also wont work. Any degree above 0 seems to work fine.

I can fillet it line by line but not as an overall polyline.

i've tried on the exact same objects that have worked in the past and it's no longer doing them either!

Help! please :)

Claire

If you were to post a drawing containing one polyline that you can't fillet and one polyline that you can fillet (suitably labelled), then people would have something to work on.

Like rkmcswain said, check the entities.

I have found that if I try to fillet between an arc and a polyline, the command will fail, but if I convert the arc to a polyline, I can then fillet between the two entities.

Also, if you're trying to fillet between a polyline and a 3D polyline, the command will fail

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've run the list command and it seems fine.

They're complete polylines that originally had no radius on the corners then i put a 4mm radius on all of them and now i need to change them back to no radius for easy dimensioning.

I've done about 10,000 of them fine and have another 30,000 to go!

I'm actually using a lisp that does multiple polylines at once so previously i've been doing a few hundred in one click, but it's starting playing up and that's when i tried the normal fillet/polyline and now that's not working properly either. I've unloaded the lisp and tried the normal fillet/polyline and it still doesnt work.

It is doing some of them, some i have to run the command multiple times and it might do half the corners, some work in a different drawing, some dont work at all. Some will work the first time i try, then if i try again on the same polyline it wont work.  I've redrawn the polyline from scratch and it works but again i cant redraw that many polylines! I've copied and pasted the polylines to different drawings and even to another computer and it still wont work properly. It's like there's a bug attached to the damn polylines!

The frustrating thing is i've gone back and tried on the polylines that it used to work on and it's now no longer working :(

I don't know if it's a bug or a random setting i've accidentally changed, but there's no way i can manually do every corner of another 30,000 polylines!

Also in the command line, it actually says the lines have been filleted, but they have not.

Anyway I've attached a file of a few of them, also the lisp, though i can handle not using the lisp if the the fillet polyline works instead. One polyline at a time is marginally better than one corner at a time.

Thankyou for your help :)

Polylines.dwg

fmp.lsp

I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing.

If I run the fillet command, it works every time, on every polyline, but doing 30,000 of these, one at a time, would be a nightmare.

The lisp routine is really hit and miss. Sometimes it gets all the corners, sometimes it gets a couple corners and sometimes it doesn't get any of the corners. Not sure what's going on with that? The polylines all seem fine, and if I run the lisp routine multiple times it will get all the corners, but it should work the first time. You shouldn't have to run it multiple times.

Did you create this drawing, if so, it would have been better to create these objects as blocks, then you would only have to edit a few objects instead of thousands.

So, I guess I really don't have an answer. Maybe you could ask for help in the lisp section and see if someone can figure out why the routine doesn't work the way it should?

Good luck.

The fillet polyline '0'  works for you normally?  I can't even get that to work!

I didn't create the drawing, the polylines came from elsewhere and i'm just nesting them.

What I dont understand is why the lisp or the polyline fillet isnt working anymore for radius 0, i've used it on the full 40,000 polylines originally to get the 4mm radius and about 10,000 to get back to the 0mm radius and now it's just stopped working!

Thanks for having a look though, much appreciated :)

31 minutes ago, claire2017 said:

The fillet polyline '0'  works for you normally?  I can't even get that to work!

Yes, the fillet polyline with radius 0 worked for me on every polyline that I tried, and I tried quite a few. Not sure why it isn't working for you?

Here's one thing you can check. When you start the Fillet command, hit "T" for Trim and make sure the option is set to "Trim". You may have somehow accidentally set it to "No Trim".

You could also try using the Chamfer command with distance set to 0, if Fillet refuses to work.

That's pretty much all the ideas I can come up with, but before you do a complete reinstall, try running a repair first.

Haha, lol!

Chamfer wont work at 0 anymore either, any other number is fine just not 0 😫

Just running a repair at the moment, fingers crossed :)