Selecting hightlighted objects behind (solid) hatch.

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hello,

When i have a line (or other object) behind (draworder-wise) a (solid) hatch  and i hover my mouse over the line, the line is highlighted. But when i try to select that highlighted line it selects the hatch instead.

My co-worker asked me if, as he remembers this not working like that 'back in the days' :P, there is a way to make it work like that again.  I know the selectioncycling option and i don't have a problem with this issue.  But i also find it strange that the line is highlighted, but it selects the hatch instead.

I know how to select the line if i want to, but i want to know why it's highlighted and not selected.

Zooming in won't make a difference.

Below example are 2 of the same objects.. The upper one is how it's shown on screen (line is behind hatch, set with draworder)

The lower one is when i hover over the line while over the hatch.  The line is hightlighted, but when i try to select it it selects the hatch.

image.thumb.png.3abb58fedcee9c58cbb8b220a30a640c.png

OK  now I see what you are talking about.  Excellent the way you have shown it.  The way I see it the line was drawn and the hatch was put on over it. To the best of my knowledge it is working properly. I take it you want to fix it so the line under the hatch does not show. Is that correct?

To the best of my knowledge it works fine indeed, but my colleague says that 'back in the day' this didn't work like that and when he would select that line in the same way the line would be selected and not the hatch.

I don't have any memory of such thing, but he seems to think it did work like that in earlier versions (and that is probably some years back).

So i don't want to fix something that probably aint broken, but it defies (his) logic that when you see one thing hightlighted, something other (the hatch) is selected when clicking the mouse.

AFAIK it has always worked like that on Soilid Hatch, other patterns if you can highlight the object (by picking in between the pattern lines, shapes, etc.) you can select the object. On Soild Hatch you hold control and you can select.

Though it has been a while since I used any real old versions.