Publish to PDF Sheet Numbers in Bluebeam Revu

Bill Tillman

It's been a while since I worked with this and I seem to have forgotten something. I am publishing a set of layout tabs (24 of them) to a single PDF file. When the publish window comes up I can see the layout names and all looks well. After the publish is complete when I open the PDF file in Bluebeam Revu and try to add the links the sheet labels have a number sequence added to all of them. Instead of C1 or E1.1, I get [1]C1 and [2]E1.1. I can get things to work with the links but I have to rename each sheet to get them as needed for the links which can take some time for all 24 layouts. I recall this was not an issue when doing this about a year ago with another client.

Edited by Bill Tillman

This is how the latest versions of AutoCAD work. Setup in AutoCAD is not possible.
It is necessary or print through Lisp, VBA, the program.
Or delete it in a PDF processing program (for example, Adobe), there are programs for automatically deleting these numbers.

Edited by maratovich

Thanks maratovich, but I'm not fluent in that particular syntax.

And BIGAL, always appreciate your replies. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. A year ago I was doing this routinely and it worked well. The one difference I'll have to research when I get home tonight is instead of publishing to a single PDF file, I seem to recall we published each page individually, then combined them in Bluebeam Revu. I don't know if this will resolve the sheet naming issue but I will try that tonight. Your method looks interesting and I'll hack into that as soon as can.

Okay, it's all coming back to me now. What I did a year ago was to PUBLISH and set the PDF Options to print to individual files instead of a single PDF file. I also had to select to not to append the filename to the new files. Then I used the Combine feature in Bluebeam Revu to put all the files in a single PDF file. This allowed me to check the option to use the filename as the page label. That took care of the problem with the [1]. [2], etc... text in the page labels.

Now the remaining issue is why does BB not pickup the text I want linked on some of the blocks. I use several different blocks for detail bubbles and one of them gets picked up fine. The other one BB ignores. I tested and confirmed this. BB is only picking up a certain block and the other one I use similarly it's ignoring. Both blocks are in the same layer, and are almost identical in that they have a circle with the detail number in the top half and the sheet number in the bottom half. Oh well, I didn't have any plans for tonight except watching a football game with my  grandson so I'll end up hacking this to it's conclusion as well.

image.thumb.png.845795b113c73d656f3bd97cbeac0dcc.png

Edited by Bill Tillman