Adding Chainage Along Poly Line On A Intersection Point

Awallace24335

Hello,

I'm trying to add chainage points along a poly line at intersection points. i have a Lisp that will do it every 10 Meters. However i would like to be able to do it from a start point and then at each selected intersection point.

Basically i off-set points on a road but i would like to know at what chainage these are at. drawing attached with manually entered Chainage labels

Road Design CT.dwg

Very simple if you look at the chainage code you will more than likely find a vl-getpointatdist so you need to work backwards and get the vertice points and then work out the running chainage.

If you search for length at point on pline you should find an answer I will look also. Pretty sure it exists.

A sledge hammer approach is to trim the pline and get length then undo to restore. 

Edited by BIGAL

If you have Civil 3D, why not create a new alignment along each segment? Or one long alignment? That lets you set the beginning distance for each segment, and it gives you the offset automatically.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:27 PM, CyberAngel said:

If you have Civil 3D, why not create a new alignment along each segment? Or one long alignment? That lets you set the beginning distance for each segment, and it gives you the offset automatically.

This is way beyond my knowledge. I’m new to c3d and trying to advance in it 

thanks for your reply 

8 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Try this in CIV3D, toolspace, toolbox,Reports manager, Alignment.

Pick a report

Thanks BIGAL tried this and it is exactly what I require.

I have one problem though. In Drawing scale 1:1 and in meters the points and text are either massive or not visible they seem about right at 4:1. I’m tried to edit text heights with no joy

Thanks