DI command & autosaving

mattador04

Hello all,

I have a question that I'd like to voice in this forum. I was wondering if anyone out there experiences the following:

Every time (seemingly) that the DI (distance) is executed by the user, the AutoCAD application will "autosave". This means that the command line window must be expanded (or F2 pressed) to see the values obtained from running DI.

Why is this?

Please advise,

MR

It may just be a coincidence. I'm pretty sure the Distance command doesn't trigger an Autosave before running, but as Bigal suggested, expanding your command line to 3 lines should solve the problem. Or enable Dynamic Input so you can see the distance information on screen next to your cursor. Then you won't even need to look at the command line.

Another option would be to disable Autosave. I found it to be more of a nuisance than anything else so I turned it off years ago. I save a lot, so I really have no use for Autosave.

The appropriate word is "seemingly", and yes I have noticed that annoying habit when you use the distance command, but I just checked some of my log files, and the good news is, it isn't a conspiracy, it only appears as though the distance command is cursed with this behavior it actually isn't. Autosave happens more often with all the other commands but the question is how often do you watch the command line when using the move command or drawing a line so you don't notice the Automatic save slip by.

And to help in some small way type "modemacro" at the command line followed by 

"the last distance measured was "$(getvar,distance)

which will help keep your sanity and give you a constant reminder of the last distance measured.

steven-g,

Thank you for this response. Out of all the responses, this one is one of the best.

I will probably adjust the autosave frequency to execute every 30 minutes, instead of every 10 minutes...

-MR