Extracting Solids sections of 3D model

Hogfan

This is probably not the right way to ask this question, but here goes. I am using Microvellum with AutoCad 18 OEM version, so I don't have all the express tools and other goodies. I have a lot of AC tools though and what I am wanting to do is take a 3D drawing of a base cabinet and take away part of the side, so as to see inside the cabinet and still see the entire product in an Iso metric view for our catalog. I am sure this is a simple procedure, I have been all over the forums and have tried all I can think of off the top of my head. I can draw section views and all that with no problem, but those are only in 2D. My boss wants an isometric view with part of the side cut out, so that you see inside and can still see the machining for shelves and see the drawer boxes in there. I know it can be done, just not sure best way to go about it. I will try to post a picture or dwg. of this cabinet as soon as I can. thank you in advance for any insight on this matter. 

One option would be to use the SECTIONPLANE feature of AutoCAD.  Another option would be to make a copy of the 3D cabinet and using the SLICE command remove a portion of the side of the cabinet so the inside is revealed.