Making a jpg file in AutCAD 2106

PJ01

Hello, I  would like to make a .jpeg file  of an AutoCAD 2016 drawing. In the first attempt, using Command Line JPGOUT,  the image file  came out all black, with the outline white, exactly as it is on the AutoCAD screen. Is there anyway I  can get a .jpeg file with a white background and a black drawing outline?

Edited by PJ01
Clarity

What version of Windows are you using?  I ask because in Win7 and above there is a feature called the Snipping Tool.  In AutoCAD you change the background color from black (the default) to any other color you want (like white) and temporarily change all your layer colors to black then using the Snipping Tool you capture a screen image and save it as a jpeg or png file.

Another possible option is discussed here...

http://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/how-to-take-screen-capture-autocad/

Edited by ReMark

Using Plot and the option "publish to web" JPG.

Ok now the tricky bit use at least the Sun 1600x1200 res, we use a custom pixel ratio up around 4000 pixels to get very sharp images, You need to work backwards on your sheet size at say 200DPI A1 Metric to complicate is about 6456 pixels x 4488.

Screen Shot 12-10-18 at 12.37 PM.PNG

If you have access to a Photo editor (GIMP and Inkscape are free), many of those can invert the colors, it would save setting up AutoCAD for a one time thing. If this is done a lot, you might look into setting up a new profile with the appropriate settings.

Thanks for your help, everyone. So different ways of doing it. I  am using AutoCAD 2016 and Win 10 operating system.

The way I found easiest was to right click the Model screen to get Options /Display/Colors, and select white for the background colour. I then used JPGOUT successfully. Admittedly, the image could have been sharper.

Not sure how to get tha better resolutiont in a couple of simple steps, anyone help please?

2 hours ago, PJ01 said:

Not sure how to get tha better resolutiont in a couple of simple steps, anyone help please?

Does it have to be a jpg? The jpgout command is going to be the worst possible option in terms of resolution. What about printing to pdf or dwf? Or try what bigal suggested and "publish to web" with either the jpg or png option.

You could also export a .eps file. Here's a tutorial on how to set up and plot to .eps:  https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/autocad-to-photoshop.php

Thanks Cad64. The item is in a jpeg format  to be sent to an engraver who will cut out the escutcheon plate with a laser, so the more accurate the better. Will give the suggestions by BIGAL  a go. Will also chase the engraver  to see if they can handle  the pdf version

Edited by PJ01

I use GIMP and Inkscape to get images as good as possible to use on our laser engraver, I use .png so I can delete the background, usually if we outsource engraving they want a vector file, usually ai (Illustrator), sometimes dxf and I have sent out .eps. on occasion.