The best way to become proficient in CAD softwares

howlback

Degree? Certification? Private lessons? I'm trying to make the switch from designing in Illustrator to a CAD software. Currently, I design fairly simple clicker press dies for my manufacturing company. I'd like to start creating them using a CAD software because my designs have been getting more technical and precision is becoming more important. I'm a quick study and have a knack for computers. I think learning my way around CAD may expand my potential.

Pick a program then practice, practice and finally practice some more.  A combination of self-education and some targeted classes to fill in any gaps would work.

• Like 1

What software do you have access to ? A good free program is draftsight if you don't have anything and like Remark practice and when stuck ask questions here plenty will help.

• Like 1