Custom Line Styles

Bob F

Hi All.

I'm new to custom line styles but was doing OK until I tried to draw my custom line from right to left.

This is the code I wrote:

*FOUL_PIPE,Foul Pipe --FP[B1]----FP[B1]----FP[B1]----FP[B1]----FP[B1]----FP[B1]--
A,1.5,-1.5,["FP(B1)",STANDARD,S=.2,U=0.0,X=-1.25,Y=-0.1],-.01

and below is the result I got.

As you can see, I've set the rotation U=0 as advised on the web.

I believe it has something to do with the insertion point of the text, but I'm at a loss how to resolve it.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks, Bob

Wrong Lines.jpg

Unfortunately, the culprit is the U factor which always assures that the text is upright, and in the linetype definition, the text is left justified.

Until AutoCAD set up a middle justification of the text, the best thing to do is make the line a polyline, and reverse its direction.

Thanks Eldon. If I do this it'll reverse all the text that is correct i.e. drawn drawn left t right. I think I may have found the solution by creating the line style within Express Tools. I'll continue to tinker and update the post.