Dynamic Block Help

robwell

I'm hoping for some help on how to create a specific dynamic block. I have similar blocks, but none as intricate as this next one needs to be.

I work for a company that creates panels as cladding. In designing the panels we are wanting to insert 3/16" dia. rivet holes at intervals along the perimeter. We design so many that the "insert block at a point and drag opposite corner to design location" is necessary to insert them quickly. Unfortunately, manually inserting screw hole placement is time consuming. See image for idea. (Starting block is also attached and already has some look-ups and visibility states in it for its current use). The problem I am encountering is that there needs to be a center hole placed and then holes placed at intervals of no more than 16" as the panel stretches vertically and horizontally. The two end holes need to remain at the specified 1-3/4" as shown with the 16" measured from them to the nearest hole. I am thinking maybe a hatch might achieve this, but I am stumped right now. Any help and direction in how best to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.bd0a78d79bc279acc601903c9ddc0f9c.png

CYN_PD_0-STND_H.dwg

A link to that thread would be helpful. I did a search briefly before I posted the above, but didn't see anything resembling what I am trying to do. Thanks.

Edited by robwell

• 2 weeks later...

That example helps me with an idea and I will try to work with it. I hope someone else may be able to point me in the right direction if there is another example closer to what I am trying to achieve. Thanks.