Revert to 'Classic' Forum Display

lamensterms

Hey guys,

I like the new (new-ish?) forum style, but some coloured code is not displaying correctly:

In this post, David Bethel has coloured the font of some of his code, and rather than the text being coloured, it is showing the code for colouring.  I'm sorry I do not know what to call the code he used to colour his text.  Is there a way to revert to the old forum display style so we can read posts like this one?

Thanks for any help

Thanks rkmcswain, I ended up using Notepad++ to strip the colour tags, as suggested in that post you linked.

Find and replace the following, using REGEX mode, for anyone interested:

\[.+?\]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... I wonder if it would be possible to deploy a bot, to reply with quote to all the colour tagged code posts - and strip out all the colour tags in the bot's reply.  Kinda similar to reddit's spellcheck bot.

On 02/01/2019 at 21:53, lamensterms said:

... I wonder if it would be possible to deploy a bot, to reply with quote to all the colour tagged code posts - and strip out all the colour tags in the bot's reply.  Kinda similar to reddit's spellcheck bot.

I guess someone more adept than me could do this - I'll give it some thought. In the meantime, I've updated the post you linked to using your useful regex. If you come across similar posts, just let me know and I'll do the same.

• Like 1

Hi David, I can find them, but wouln't have a clue what to do then, a search for 

site:www.cadtutor.net [/color]

throws up 19 pages of results, which would keep you busy for a while and I'm not sure that would cover all the problems

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 16:37, steven-g said:

Hi David, I can find them, but wouln't have a clue what to do then, a search for 

site:www.cadtutor.net [/color]

throws up 19 pages of results, which would keep you busy for a while and I'm not sure that would cover all the problems

Yes, I know where they are. There are over 4,000 instances altogether, which means it's only feasible if it can be done using a bot or macro. I'm guessing that it could be done using a regex on the MySQL file and I will try to test this out on a non-live file to see if it works. But, in the meantime, I'm happy to make corrections on an ad hoc basis so that we pick up and correct the most obvious or most visited examples first.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...