ACAD 2015 Trim Not Working Outside of World UCS

lamensterms

Hey guys,

New user to ACAD2015, have found that TRIM/EXTEND commands do not work for POLYLINES outside of world UCS.

Everything seems fine when in World UCS.

Please see attached DWG.

Has anyone seen this before?

Windows 8 x64, ACAD2015 SP2

PS:  I've noticed there are quite a few Hotfixes for ACAD2015, is it good practice to install them all?

TRIM Bug.dwg

I don't see a problem ??? trim does work in the current ucs as shown in your dwg but all your geometry is drawn with the ucs set to front, both trim and extend work  by projecting everything onto the current XY plane, so it won't work if you do set the ucs to world, in this case you need the ucs set as front, try setting the ucs to world and then set "plan" to current you will just see lines.

Thanks for the reply Steven.  My problem was that TRIM didn't work in the current UCS as shown in that DWG.  

I have done a bit more Google-ing and found that my issue was the TRIM command's project[ion] mode (the PROJMODE system variable).  Originally I had PROJMODE=0, and TRIM didn't work with UCS=view in that DWG.  I can set PROJMODE to either 1 or 2 and TRIM will work in UCS=view in that DWG.  

This is the first I have heard of the PROJMODE system variable, and I don't know what it was set to in my previous versions of AutoCAD.

What is your PROJMODE set to?  If you set PROJMODE to 0, are you able to TRIM in that attached DWG, with UCS=view?

Thanks again

I have to admit I have never heard of projmode but it is set to 1(default) on my computer, a setting of 1 or 2 works but 0 does not. it does work with a line and I have no idea why that is.