AutoCad 2019 questions

I went from AutoCad 2014 to 2019 and of hit with all the changes made. Most changes I am adaptable to but a few I do not and have not been able to find a solution. Such as, when I use the move command, these 4 North/East/South/West arrows appear, how do I disable that, if possible?

Under Options, display, Window Elements, Color Scheme, I want to use light but if I do I also want to change the behind the toolbars to be dark but I can not find anywhere that allows me to do this, I am talking about the outter and upper border. The only thing I see is to change the colors of the Command line but not what I need. I don't want light Toolbars on top of a light panel. Any idea's?

Also, not liking the new baby blue in the toolbar icons, hate the new color scheme, is there a way to change it back to the older scheme.

I also notice the lines visual effects is fuzzy.

When making a right to left cross pick, this little green ball with a little green square appears, how can I disable that. When making a window pick from left to right a little blue dot with small square appears, I want to disable that.

I think some of the changes in 2019 were very unnecessary and makes drafting slower and uncomfortable, I also think the RIbbon make drafting slower. I use the Classic, which I had to manually set up myself in 2019, I have alway been a typer with drafting, I find it a lot faster. Well, hope everyone is having a great day and is able to answer some of my questions at least. LOL I have been drafting for over 30 years and Autodesk 2019 version is the first one that has puzzled me in some area's.

Edited by delliott

Try CURSORBADGE set to 1.  I don't think anyone was happy with the CursorBadge addition to the program.

For the visual effects try LINESMOOTHING, if on try off.  Also open the Hardware Acceleration dialog and try turning it on or off depending on how it is set.

As for the color scheme, that may be how you have Windows set up but I can't confirm.

21 hours ago, delliott said:

I think some of the changes in 2019 were very unnecessary and makes drafting slower and uncomfortable, I also think the RIbbon make drafting slower. 

Generally speaking, you are right. The marketing people have to keep doing things to keep AutoCAD "fresh". You see, until they get everyone on rental, they need NEW customers for cash flow.. The way to get NEW customers is to make sure your product is flashy and 'modern' looking. Regardless if those things are actually productive (or counter-productive, in many cases).

Remember, it's the shareholders whom must be satisfied at the end of the day, above everything else.

Re: the Ribbon. IMO, yes, it's clunkier in general, but the contextual tabs make up for that, especially with a vertical such as Civil 3D.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the answers, the Cursorbadge worked but the linesmoothing did not and hardware Acc did not help. I think it is a defect with 2019

But, the color scheme is an AutoCad issue, let me upload and point to the where I am talking about.

AutoCad 2019 view.gif

Linesmoothing worked -----

Now, one more thing or 2, that area I pointed to in posted pic. If I use light instead of dark, I need the background to be dark so the light stands out. Also, is there a way to change the juvenile coloring book icon look back to an adult looking one like they use to have? LOL

Not asked by you but you may want to set GALLERYVIEW to 0.  Among others having that on means that the dim styles will be shown as an icon rather than a name, some (many?) find it annoying and half baked.

• Like 1

rkent: GALLERYVIEW is for the Ribbon drop downs, I don't use the Ribbon but thanks

You guys have been so helpful and I greatly appreciate everything