AutoCAD Field for Number of Layouts

Bill Tillman

Is there a field similar to CTAB that holds the number of layouts. I'm using a string with fields to number the pages. So far all my searches come up with nothing but references to using Sheet Sets, which I will one day in the future do. Right now the boss says Sheet Sets are a great idea so get it up and running, just don't spend any time on it.  LOL! So for now I'm stuck with a different method.

Thanks ReMark, but I'm actually looking for a field that would contain the number of layout tabs, not the max. The file I'm working on now has 30 layout tabs. I'm using a string in the title block which has the field CTAB followed by a space, the word "of" and then I fill in the text for the quantity of layout tabs, so I end up with "1 of 30", "2 of 30", etc... We're about to add some new sheets to this file so I will just use FIND/REPLACE to fix the number of pages. The actual page # works great by using the CTAB field. I've done this in the past with LISP but this office is way back in the dark ages as for as people understanding what LISP can do this they are not excited about me spending any time on it. LOL!

Hey thanks again all. A little more reading on this shows it might be possible to use a variable set to (length (layoutlist)) but I can't say I know how to get a variable put into string without using LISP.

Like lee just did a read the total layout number note its -1 as model is included, I did a another lisp that allowed a start number other than say 1 this was for multiple dwg's occasionally we have 2-3 rather than just one. It sort of worked will have another play and post at a later date.

Again, thanks to all. I'm still working to get the time to setup Sheet Sets but for the moment I'm hacking around with a simpler method. Trouble is this has to be able to be used by others who have zero LISP experience so anything I do has to be totally hand-free, (translation: brain free, no thinking required)  LOL!

I Have this function as part of a menu option so its under the menu option, the end user can generally find it.

[->LISP3 E-L]  

[Layout number]^c^c^p(load "Layout re number")

• 4 years later...