Effects of mouseover ...

itacad

Hello...I don't like ribbon, I prefer the classic view...so I chose to "minimize panel buttons", but I do not even want the "pop-up" of the menu when the mouseovers...is it possible to exclude automatisms and replace them with voluntary mouse clicks?

The same problem is for example with the properties window, that I have anchored on the right side of the screen but I always have to keep it open because the "hide automatically" set, makes it reappear at the simple passage of the mouse ... and in my opinion it is very annoying!

as for the hide, I would like to reappear by clicking on volunteers...is it possible?

Another example which I however happily solved is for the file tab with the use of two variables (FILETABPREVIEW=0 and FILETABTHUMBHOVER=0) 

Greetings

If you are using the "classic view", why don't you turn the ribbon off?

As for properties, you can turn off the pallet until you need it and turn it on with any of the multiple ways provided. Autohide is the wrong setting for what you want.

Hello! because now I use (unfortunately) an alternative cad that predisposes its own commands in the ribbon ... but I want to continue to use the classic commands through the toolbars.

I always keep the ribbons closed to have more space on the screen and when I need those certain commands, I open the ribbon.

The problem is that when they are in the buttons panel format, moving on them, the preview is activated even if there is no desire to use them...(like the autohide for the properties bar) 

The question is: there is no possibility of blocking these "comforts"?

• 2 weeks later...

If the cui exposes the commands of the other ribbon then you could make a pull down menu with those commands. I have done this with Civ3D commands as part of drafting workspace.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, itacad said:

Hello! because now I use (unfortunately) an alternative cad that predisposes its own commands in the ribbon ... but I want to continue to use the classic commands through the toolbars.

Toolbars will be a thing of the past. The classic interface will soon be called obsolete. So many programs utilize the ribbon. Do they have "classic" toolbars that a user can switch to?

Resistance is futile.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, itacad said:

...... the properties window, that I have anchored on the right side of the screen but I always have to keep it open because the "hide automatically" set, makes it reappear at the simple passage of the mouse ... and in my opinion it is very annoying!

It is possible to control the rollover delay for palettes.  Unfortunately, they've never created a UI for it.