Printing with scales

Patita

Hi

Here my problem:  

If I do only one simple drawing I can print it using layout and scale, with no problem at all.

But if I have more than one drawing, I try to use many viewports, one for each drawing, but I can't print it with scale. Any scale I use the drawing remains all the same.

Thank you for any help.

Patita

When you print from a layout that utilizes viewports you print at a scale of 1:1.  The scales assigned to the viewports are independent of the printing scale.

Do you have a single layout with one or more viewports?  If so, then the print scale should be 1:1.

Edited by ReMark

Are all the entities back in model space drawn full size or did you scale them like one might do manually on a drafting board?

What scale(s) were assigned to the viewport(s)?

What size paper are you plotting to?

Edited by ReMark

Yes, all the entities in model space drawn full size. Any scale I use, the drawing remains the same size, too too small.

I've done so many experiences that I think I messed it all up. May I send you the file, not asking too much?

What scales did you assign to the viewports?

What size paper are you printing to?  I do not have access to a large format printer any more.

There are some good tutorials here about using layouts and a scaled viewport. Just search.

A couple of suggestions

In a layout make a title block at true size 200x277 this size allows for print edge just a rectang will do.

Make a viewport inside using mview, click to go inside, zoom extents.

I have the viewports toolbar on when you click inside it will show a scale number in the box.

If your metric its easy as you can enter the scale as a number 1:20 1000/20 = 50 into the box scale is set. Lock viewport, press the down arrow and scales will appear

You can use zoom scalexp also try zoom .5xp

The plot the layout at 1:1 as already suggested.

Edited by BIGAL

I am afraid your drawing has some features which must make it very difficult for you to manage it.

First of all, your chosen drawing units appear to be metres, but layouts use millimetres for units.

Then you seem to be drawing approximately 84,000 kilometres from zero. There are some splines at 0,0 coordinates, and if you erase those, then you can zoom to extents and see your drawing in the layout viewports.

Personally, I Zoomed, Centre at 0,0, with height of 5. There, I found 8 Splines, which can be deleted. Then Zoom Extents shows all your drawings on the screen, and you will have much better chance of finding them in the layout viewports.

Because you have units set as meters, you will also need to adjust the viewport scales in paperspace, and rather than copy your drawings from model space into paperspace you should use the paperspace viewports which is where you apply all the scaling, in the attached I have altered the viewport scale list to show the idea.

Isabel MP Salgueirinho.dwg

• Like 1