copy and rotating

Jessica28

Hello. I am running Autocad MEP 2019.

I was wondering how I would write a command. A script, A macro, An Autolisp routing (I’m not very good with that stuff) that can rotate something on the fly….I do a lot of 3D coordination so when I am copying a light around I want to be able to change the rotation as I am going so I don’t have to get out of the command, rotate it, and start copying around again. Ideally it would be great to have the option of typing in an angle or picking 2 points to establish my rotation before placing it while copy is still active….Or maybe there is a way of doing this within autocad already that I don’t know about? I know this is a lot but hopefully someone gets it and can help out with this

Thank you very Much,  Jess

Woow. Didn't know that was a command....It's close and i will definitely be able to use it when i have to rotate a known angle and continue copying. But if it an unknown angle it would be nice if it let me rotate with a reference and then continue on...What happened to the days that an architect would just put in lights horizontally or vertically. Seems like now they just drop a light in and spit it and wherever it stops is the angle.  Lol. 

Thank you though. this command will still come in handy.