Presspull Freezing

Caleb Robillard

I'm trying to make a Chocolate mold with my business logo's, but every time i try using the presspull feature it just freezes up on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Without knowing anything about the specifics, my guess would be that your logo is a complicated shape, so trying to extend it in WYSIWYG mode is overloading your CPU or video card. Have you tried using the same command on a simpler shape, such as a line? If that works, you may need to simplify the logo or use a more powerful device.

I created a new layer, moved the big solid object to that layer and then froze the layer. That exposed a bunch of surface extrusions. So I deleted all the extrusions and found that your polylines are not all joined together, so I ran PEDIT and joined all the polylines. Then I discovered that your polyline geometry was not very good. There were arcs where there should have been straight line segments and also multiple line segments where there should have been one continuous line, so I cleaned up all the polylines and now you can Presspull with no problems. I have attached my file so you can compare it to your file.

Problems.jpg

Choc PD logos-Revised.dwg