LISP to attach xref to multiple drawings

Pattosun

• 2 years later...

1.Batch Detach All Old Xref's using Script Writer 

WSCRIPT >

Use script line:  _.open *file* _.xref _D * _.zoom _E _.qsave _.close(i tried also this one.it does not works for me)

this script line is not working for me.can anyone help me?

_.open *file*"C:\Users\thajmul hussain\desktop\fais\try\Template.dwg" _.xref _D

What error message do you receive?

I would suggest turning on command line logging and then inspect the command line logs for the processed drawings, so that you can understand where the script is failing and adjust the script line accordingly.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:20 AM, Lee Mac said:

I would suggest turning on command line logging and then inspect the command line logs for the processed drawings, so that you can understand where the script is failing and adjust the script line accordingly.

hi lee,

1.it does not popup a message in the commandline logging while using this script (_.open *file* _.xref _D * _.zoom _E _.qsave _.close)   i attached the image. kindly see the first image.it's blank.

2.i want to know what script line to write for the update path because i have a bunch of drawing to update.

kindly see the second image.

image.JPG

image2.JPG

On 9/26/2022 at 5:13 AM, BIGAL said:

Missing a space here *file* "C:

hi bigal,

i followed your instruction it does not work for me.  _.open *file* "C:\Users\thajmul hussain\desktop\rahfa\Revision-test\XREF-TEMPLATE.dwg" _.xref _D is this correct?

I dont know I did not test just found that typo

copy and paste 1 command  at a time to command line and see what error messages appear. that is your script

OPEN

your filename 1

_.xref

D

On 9/26/2022 at 3:20 AM, Lee Mac said:

hii lee,

kindly reply for this message.i am really struggle rectified this .i attached the image kindly see.

what i want to write here (_.open *file*    _.xref _D  XREF-TEMPLATE  _.zoom _E _.qsave _.close)

thanks advance

hussain

image.JPG

On 2/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, rlx said:

a quicky before breakfast

;;; Attach Xref to all drawings in Folder , RLX 6-Feb-2019
(defun c:RlxFaXref (/ _getfolder app adoc odbs odbx v xref folder dwg xr)
  (vl-load-com)
  (defun _getfolder ( m / sh f r )
    (setq sh (vla-getinterfaceobject (vlax-get-acad-object) "Shell.Application") f (vlax-invoke-method sh 'browseforfolder 0 m 0))
    (vlax-release-object sh)(if f (progn (setq r (vlax-get-property (vlax-get-property f 'self) 'path))(if (wcmatch r "*\\") r (strcat r "\\")))))
  ; i is 0 (absolute), 1 (relative) of 2 (no) -xref path
  (defun RLXref_SetPathType (i)
    (vl-registry-write (strcat "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\" (vlax-product-key) "\\Profiles\\" (getvar "cprofile") "\\Dialogs\\XattachDialog") "PathType" i))
  (setq odbs "ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument" v (substr (getvar 'acadver) 1 2) adoc (vla-get-activedocument (setq app (vlax-get-acad-object))))
  (RLXref_SetPathType 1)
  (cond
    ((vl-catch-all-error-p (setq odbx (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-getinterfaceobject (list app (if (< (atoi v) 16) odbs (strcat odbs "." v))))))
     (princ "\nObject DBX interface not created!"))
    ((not (setq xref (getfiled "Select Xref to attach" "" "dwg" 0))) (alert "No Xref was selected"))
    ((setq folder (_getfolder "Select folder with drawings to attach xref to"))
     (foreach dwg (vl-directory-files folder "*.dwg" 0)
       (setq dwg (strcat folder dwg))
       (if (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-open (list odbx dwg)))
  (princ (strcase (strcat "\nError opening: " dwg)))
  (progn
    (princ (strcat "\nOpening: " dwg))
    ; attach xref
    (if (vl-catch-all-error-p (setq xr (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-AttachExternalReference
        (list (vla-get-ModelSpace odbx) xref (vl-filename-base xref) (vlax-3d-point 0 0 0) 1 1 1 0 :vlax-false))))
      (princ (vl-catch-all-error-message xr)))
    ; save drawing
    (vla-saveas odbx (vla-get-name odbx))
  )
       )
     )
    )
  )
  (princ)
)

hi rlx,

can you modify your code according to "select new path"?

thanks advance

1 hour ago, rlx said:

Hi Thajmul,

not sure what you want , you wish to select a folder and then update the xrefpath for all drawings in this folder?

kindly see the image you would like to know. what i am trying to asking.the Xref drawing appear not found and another drawing appears unreferenced 

image1.JPG

20 minutes ago, rlx said:

maybe in the code you should change the xref path type from 1 to 0 ? 

(RLXref_SetPathType 1) -> (RLXref_SetPathType 0)

hi rlx

sorry to ask again. nothing happened.kindly see the image

test.JPG

no problem thajmul

Apparently the xref you are trying to attach is already in your drawing so you would first have to erase / detach the xref & purge the drawing. Probably best to use a normal script for that because I'm not sure this can all be done with odbx (little out of practice because of murdering workload , but what else is new). Other problem , I mean challenge , is that your (network) paths are unique for your situation making it difficult for someone else to replicate your problem. The routine you use has little error trapping for this , just displaying what the error was. 

Edited by rlx

Maybe this works to kill of all xrefs

;;; https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/66789-lisp-to-attach-xref-to-multiple-drawings/page/2/#comment-601144
;;; Detach all Xrefs in all drawings in Folder , RLX 27-Sep-2022
(defun c:RlxOdbxDeleteXref (/ _getfolder dbx_ver app dbxv folder dwg xr)
  (vl-load-com)
    (setq sh (vla-getinterfaceobject (vlax-get-acad-object) "Shell.Application") f (vlax-invoke-method sh 'browseforfolder 0 m 0))
    (vlax-release-object sh)(if f (progn (setq r (vlax-get-property (vlax-get-property f 'self) 'path))(if (wcmatch r "*\\") r (strcat r "\\")))))
  (defun dbx_ver ( / v)
    (strcat "objectdbx.axdbdocument" (if (< (setq v (atoi (getvar 'acadver))) 16) "" (strcat "." (itoa v)))))
  (setq app (vlax-get-acad-object) dbxv (dbx_ver))
  (cond
    ((vl-catch-all-error-p (setq odbx (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-getinterfaceobject (list app dbxv))))
    ((setq folder (_getfolder "Select folder with drawings to delete (ALL) xrefs"))
	 (progn
	   ;;; seek & destroy (all) xrefs
	   (vlax-for lt (vla-get-layouts odbx)
	     (vlax-for blkobj (vla-get-block lt)
	       (if (and (eq (vla-get-objectname blkobj) "AcDbBlockReference")(vlax-property-available-p blkobj 'Path))
		 (vlax-invoke-method blkobj 'Delete)
               )
             )
           )
	   ; save drawing
         );end progn
       );end if
     ); end foreach
    ); end setq folder
    (t (princ "\nComputer says no"))
  ); end cond
  (vl-catch-all-apply 'vlax-release-object (list app))
  (vl-catch-all-apply 'vlax-release-object (list odbx))
  (princ)
)

;;; (c:RlxOdbxDeleteXref)

14 hours ago, rlx said:

no problem thajmul

Apparently the xref you are trying to attach is already in your drawing so you would first have to erase / detach the xref & purge the drawing. Probably best to use a normal script for that because I'm not sure this can all be done with odbx (little out of practice because of murdering workload , but what else is new). Other problem , I mean challenge , is that your (network) paths are unique for your situation making it difficult for someone else to replicate your problem. The routine you use has little error trapping for this , just displaying what the error was. 

here is the problem i am detaching one by one for my drawing.it is really frustrating.

thank you so much your kind reply.

That's no problem thajmul , I can modify the lisp to only detacht a xref with a specific name so you can enter the name (getstring) or select (getfile) the xref first if you want. Will this name only occur as xref or can it also occur as a regular blockinsert?

15 hours ago, rlx said:

Maybe this works to kill of all xrefs

;;; https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/66789-lisp-to-attach-xref-to-multiple-drawings/page/2/#comment-601144
;;; Detach all Xrefs in all drawings in Folder , RLX 27-Sep-2022
(defun c:RlxOdbxDeleteXref (/ _getfolder dbx_ver app dbxv folder dwg xr)
  (vl-load-com)
    (vlax-release-object sh)(if f (progn (setq r (vlax-get-property (vlax-get-property f 'self) 'path))(if (wcmatch r "*\\") r (strcat r "\\")))))
  (defun dbx_ver ( / v)
    (strcat "objectdbx.axdbdocument" (if (< (setq v (atoi (getvar 'acadver))) 16) "" (strcat "." (itoa v)))))
  (cond
    ((vl-catch-all-error-p (setq odbx (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-getinterfaceobject (list app dbxv))))
	 (progn
	       (if (and (eq (vla-get-objectname blkobj) "AcDbBlockReference")(vlax-property-available-p blkobj 'Path))
               )
             )
           )
	   ; save drawing
         );end progn
       );end if
     ); end foreach
    ); end setq folder
  ); end cond
  (princ)
)

;;; (c:RlxOdbxDeleteXref)

hi rlx

did you try this lisp in your computer?for my case nothing happened to me. i am using zwcad

15 minutes ago, rlx said:

That's no problem thajmul , I can modify the lisp to only detacht a xref with a specific name so you can enter the name (getstring) or select (getfile) the xref first if you want. Will this name only occur as xref or can it also occur as a regular blockinsert?

where is the modify of lisp?

I don't have zwcad and never used it so not sure if its compatible with visual lisp. Maybe there lies your problem because this is mainly a forum for AutoCad. But I tested it on my own system (AutoCad2022) and for me it works.

(defun c:RlxOdbxDeleteXref (/ _getfolder dbx_ver app dbxv folder xref-name )
  (vl-load-com)
  (defun dbx_ver ( / v)
  (defun void (x) (or (not x) (= "" x) (and (eq 'STR (type x)) (not (vl-remove 32 (vl-string->list x))))))

(cond
    ((void (setq xref-name (getstring "\nEnter name of xref you want to detach : ")))
     (princ "\nComputer says no : invalid xref name"))
     (setq xref-name (strcase xref-name))
	 (progn
	       (if (and
		     (eq (vla-get-objectname blkobj) "AcDbBlockReference")
		     (vlax-property-available-p blkobj 'Path)
		     (eq xref-name (strcase (vl-filename-base (vla-get-name blkobj)) t))
		   )

)
             )
           )
	   ; save drawing
         );end progn
       );end if
       (princ "\nDone")
     ); end foreach
    ); end setq folder
  ); end cond
  (princ)
)

Edited by rlx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1