AutoCad 12 & 13 DOS Issue

acad_2k

This is a legacy Vibrant Graphics driver for R13. Copy it to your DRV folder (which for you is probably C:\ACADR13\DRV).

After doing this, a new option should appear in the video selections. The first time you choose it, the driver will complain about not having a config (CFG) file, but carry on and use the default setting which is 640x480 VGA. If the future you can go back into the config and choose a more specific setting within this driver (based on your graphics card) and run at very high resolutions.

DL153100.RES

• Like 1

That's what I've been working on. I started with  R13 earlier in the week but decided to get this old 486 running and I thought R12 would be more appropriate. It's been almost 20 years since I had this system running. Not sure what to do with it yet, but I'm glad it works.

Oh gosh, I just realized that you are running R12! I though we were working on R13 😀  Good on you man, it is super fun to have a vintage CAD station. If you need some period drawing files, I have a substantial collection of Architectural/Engineering files.

• Like 1

Thanks, I may take you up on the offer. The bulk of my drawings were done in AutoCAD 2000. I'm going to save a few in R12 format to see how they look in a DOS machine.

You guys have have brought back some memories with this discussion. My first turn and being a cad admin was during a transition from R12 dos to R12 windows.  We were running NT in those days. If I recall, there were 14  floppies involved in the thing. I did a dual install on my machine so I could work out the bugs (many of which you guys mentioned here) and get some stuff done too.  Those were the good old days. Right?