Create an Mleader that is associated to a circle.

guitarguy1685

I have a lisp that helps you annotate a circle for fabrication drawings.  This lisp asks the user to select a circle.  It then creates an mleader based on user-selected points. it then inserts a block and updates the attributes based on the circle's properties.  

the first point of the mleader is actually based on the center of the circle. It takes that center point and uses polar coords to create the first point of the mleader which lies on the circle.  My problem is that this mleader is not associated with the circle. How could I make this mleader associated to the circle?

I could attach the lisp, but there are other files that work wit it so it seems to cumbersome.  

In Acad 2014 and above, this is built in. Go into the MLEADERSTYLE command, Select the "Content" tab. Change the "Multileader type" to "Block", then look at the "Source Block" options.

I understand that you can select a block for the content type. But this is not what I mean by associative. Will an arrow head stay connected to the object it is pointing at?

Edited by Roy_043

@Roy_043 the resultant leader is associated to the Mleader block - if that is what you mean, and will move with the leader. if you set attachment to "Center Extents" it will mask in the direction of the last leader segment if the "automatic landing" is turned off, or will flip to the correct side if the landing is on. You can also specify any user defined block and it will work the same way.

10 hours ago, Roy_043 said:

I understand that. But the way I interpret the OP, the wish is to make the arrow head associative with another object.

OK I got it. I understand now. The OP wants the leader to change with the circle when repositioning it like a Dimension. The OP will have to get into Reactors to make the leader associated with a selected circle and update fields or attributes. I believe their was a discussion in TheSwamp on this, but I haven't located it yet. I think Lee Mac has some examples.