Hi. I have been having problems with lineweights for ages but I had a work around,  now that has stopped working.

I have been using the same ctb file for years - many years - and it always worked perfectly. However suddenly all normal lines have started plotting really thin and feint - polylines are OK.

I have tried changing the default lineweight to really thick, but nothing changes - is there a default somewhere that overrides the "lwdefault"?

3 hours ago, MGS said:

Hi. I have been having problems with lineweights for ages but I had a work around,  now that has stopped working.

Why did you need a workaround and what was it?

On 2/21/2019 at 4:48 AM, MGS said:

is there a default somewhere that overrides the "lwdefault"?

In the plot dialog there is an option to "Scale Lineweights". Have you accidentally enabled that option?

On 2/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, ReMark said:

Did you recently change printers/plotters?  I ask only because you mentioned that the problem surfaces when you plot a drawing.

no - I have always had the same one (HP500) - in fact I don't use it that much any more - this week was the first time for a couple of years, but I have the same issue when plotting pdfs that I create from the degs.

1 hour ago, Cad64 said:

In the plot dialog there is an option to "Scale Lineweights". Have you accidentally enabled that option?

I don't think that is an option as I was working and plotting in model space.

23 hours ago, RobDraw said:

Why did you need a workaround and what was it?

I had an older copy of AutoCAD on an old computer that I used to use to create plot files which worked perfectly, but then that suddenly developed the same issue.

30 minutes ago, ReMark said:

In the plot dialog box over on the right hand side where it says Plot Options.  Is Plot Object Lineweights enabled?

yes - and shaded so it can't be edited on that page

On 2/25/2019 at 11:39 AM, SLW210 said:

How does the Plot Preview appear?

Can you share a .dwg and the plot file? And some images of what you have and what the plot looks like.

Thank you for this - the plot preview is perfectly OK -  just as it has always been, and just as I would expect - it is just the plot that is very feint, on an A4 printer or A0 plotter. I will sort out some files and get them over to you.