I need 360 Fusion help!!!

abraCADabra

I am trying to unfold this file. I am new to Fusion, and this is for a dampener hinge section for a duct. I am at a loss as far as trying to figure out how to unfold this so it can be cut out on a plasma cutter. Do we have a 360 Fusion Pro that can unfold this, then explain the steps on how to do it so I can learn this for myself? I am on day 1 of Fusion, and this needs to be done within the nexe couple of days, and I dont know enough about the software to get it done. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated

DAMPENER HINGE SECTION v1.f3d

Video tutorials for unfolding a 3D object using 3D Fusion can be found on the Internet.  Have you bothered to watch any of them?  I would recommend deleting the thread that references AutoCAD 2018.  There is no native command in AutoCAD that will unfold an object.  However, that said, I believe there is a custom lisp program that might be available.  Check this website. 

www.ant-ares.de 

Edited by ReMark

Ive tried the tutorials but when I try to flatten or unfold options, it doesnt let me do anything. I dont know what Im missing in order to unfold it.

I have no experience using 3D Fusion.  When you attempt to unfold your object what happens?  Absolutely nothing or is there some kind of error message?  Was the object originally created in AutoCAD then somehow imported into 3D Fusion?  

• 6 months later...

This is a bit old but just stopped back in here and wanted to answer in case anyone found it.

Fusion 360 does not offer any conversion tool to convert a solid body to a sheet metal part (like Inventor has).  The part must be designed in Fusion 360 inside of a component designated as "Sheet Metal".  There are some other rules that apply as well.  The main one is that each Component can only contain one sheet metal flat pattern.

I didn't open your file since this question is rather old but if the part is designed as a sheet metal component it should be able to unfold/refold as well as create a flat pattern.