auto area calculation table

harshad

Yeah , I know what you mean with the messy look... tried to ease the pain by placing the texts on the vertices themselves and that looks a little better. I can easily remove any duplicates but somehow the leftovers are always place on the side I don't want. And I assume triangles and squares can have all kind of rotations... so the easy way is to place them all just above or on the vertices (for now)

Other problem , excuse me , challenge I have is when I have a triangle like the bottom one in your example , which has no 90 degree angle , to place the height on the line from the top corner perpendicular to the bottom vertice. By hand it's easy but has been like 30 years ago when I had any math at school. I have 3 points, and I can work out all angles and vertices lengths so (on paper) its easy to work out the two angles that 'split' the top corner and of course I know the length for the height after applying lee's bounding box. But I'd rather have a solution / formula that I can feed the 3 points and that can work out the 4th point , for any triangle and for any rotation...

the abc thing should be easy enough to do (like excel A,B..Z,AA,AB...?). Will come back on that later.

Harshad2.lsp

You're welcome. Think I've nailed the triangle thingy (finding location to put the height text) : LM:ProjectPointToLine. Have tested it and it seems to work. Just need to integrate it with your appie. Will update later  ... 😴 🛌 💤

🐉

Harshad2.lsp

Edited by rlx
improved text placement non rec. triangles

yes u nailed it 😁

u should try same for that arc shape also .

something about length text placement for only 2 length and inside of that shape if this can happen it will save time .

thanks 

Allways dangerous to post a not fully tested routine ... but here ya go...

image.png.cef6b9d8dfe5ba8db9a2605272be4ee4.png

still a little bug in getting area right for square with a broken vertex in it , as in your sample dwg , but selecting 'Show real area' should take care of that

gr. RLX

🛌 :sleeping: 💤 🐉

RlxDimensionPolyline.lsp

Edited by rlx
tiny update routine plus a few nice test functions at the end

2 hours ago, harshad said:

it perfect now but u miss numbering option it only show abcd now. 

have you tried to disable toggle  'Use ascii labels'?

12 minutes ago, harshad said:

hi can we put current dim style  instead of dim tex in RLXDIMPOLYLINE program. 

you want text in the style of current dim style or actual dimensions?

guess changing the current text style to the current dimtext style would be enough? Testable by using

(setvar "TEXTSTYLE" (getvar "DIMTXSTY"))

before running program. If not , will look at it later have to finish something right now...

ok actual dimensions .. definitely have to look into that later because that is going to take some significant changes in program... 

no worries take u r time 😇 

put in option same as text ( inside/ outside/ on polyline )

Edited by harshad