No text cursor in properties palette

Hello everyone,

this is my first post in this forum, so I hope I have picked the right topic for my problem.

Well, as the title says, when I want to edit any value, or add one in the properties palette (CTRL + 1), for ex. Text Override in Dimensions, the moment I click in the field, the vertical typing cursor should appear and start blinking. Well, it doesn't... I have searched Google etc., tried to fix it in windows settings, but with no success.

Does anyone have the same problem, or has a solution to my problem?

Using ACAD Mechanical 2018, Win 10.

Thank you all in forward, and all the best regards.

Uros

Mech 2019 here.  When I select a dim, open properties and go to the Text section, Text override - I have to pick twice to see the blinking cursor.  One pick will highlight the <> and another pick will show the blinking cursor after the <>, like <>|

Maybe post a small portion of a drawing with an object and dimension that this work on and we can take a look.

Does this happen in all editable properties or only some of them? If some, which ones? Did this change happen recently, perhaps in conjunction with an upgrade?

@rkent

I click on any editable field twice, and no blinking cursor appears. The picture was taken after the doubleclick. 

@CyberAngel

It happens on every editable field, where I could type something. I've tried to do the upgrade also, but I didn't help. 

The pictures are showing the situation; I select some text, or a block, and when I try to edit it via the properties palette, no blinking cursor... 

The cursor BTW works when I doubleclick directly the block, the attribute editor. 

IMG_20190312_072153.jpg

IMG_20190312_072128.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@CyberAngel both should be editable in the properties palette (im talking about the fields where you can manually change the value, or type a text). For dimensions, example is text overwrite. The block attributes should also be editable through properties palette, apart from the attribute editor you get when you double-click a block with editable attributes.

Nevertheless, I managed to partially solve my problem: the problem was in the size of text in the system settings (Right-click on desktop, Display settings, Display section on the left, then the "Scale and layout" thing). By default, it was set to "150% recommended" for my 4k monitors. When I changed that to 125% the Typing cursor reappeared in the properties palette and I can finally see it while I am typing something! 

However, the cursor blinks for first couple of seconds and then stops, but it is there, and visible. If I click in the same field once more, it starts blinking again. It's not such a big problem, but it is a strange thing. Hopefully the fix will come in the upcoming updates.

I hope that this solution will work for the other people with the same problem aswell.

Thanks for the help.