Lines to Search in Excel

ScoRm

1 hour ago, ktbjx said:

I added the code you gave, i dives to another error lol

error: no function definition: VOID

OMG! is she okay??! I hope she's fine forget about us for a bit, take care of her!!

hope I haven't forgot any more 😳

(defun void (x)  (or (null x) (and (eq 'STR (type x)) (eq "" (vl-string-trim " \t\r\n" x)))))

both my parents are still alive but at an age where every new day is bonus but you know the inevitable will happen , sooner or later...

made a second version for the dialog (in case anybody gives a 🚾 )

image.png.7b0c56f1489b21a330dcd365e832dcfc.png

attached updated version of lsp (with void and dcl subs) if anythings missing , let me know...

RLX

🐉

GoldFinger.LSP

Edited by rlx

5 hours ago, rlx said:

hope I haven't forgot any more 😳

(defun void (x)  (or (null x) (and (eq 'STR (type x)) (eq "" (vl-string-trim " \t\r\n" x)))))

both my parents are still alive but at an age where every new day is bonus but you know the inevitable will happen , sooner or later...

made a second version for the dialog (in case anybody gives a 🚾 )

image.png.7b0c56f1489b21a330dcd365e832dcfc.png

attached updated version of lsp (with void and dcl subs) if anythings missing , let me know...

RLX

🐉

GoldFinger.LSP 26.21 kB · 1 download

I just got here at work, i am excited to try this right away! 

by the look of it, its more than i asked for. I am so thankful for you! thank you so much!

And I know the feeling, I still have my grandfather with me who practically raised me. 
Take Care of them, you'll never know how much you missed someone until they're out of your life

4 minutes ago, ScoRm said:

I just got here at work, i am excited to try this right away! 

by the look of it, its more than i asked for. I am so thankful for you! thank you so much!

And I know the feeling, I still have my grandfather with me who practically raised me. 
Take Care of them, you'll never know how much you missed someone until they're out of your life

Here in NL its just after midnight so while you are going to work I'll be soon be going to bed. Have also included a version with all coordinates concatenated , see if it works better / faster. Only way to find out is testing it on the real deal...

While knowing what the future will bring , I still hope my parents will live forever but sadly that's not how it works...

Goodluck with your project golddigger , euh  goldfinger :beer: if you have any problems or questions let me know.

think I'm gonna cash in on some of my overtime hours tomorrow

🐉 🛌 💤 😴

gr. RLX

GoldFinger.LSP

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

Nice dialogue.🤩

Thanks BIGAL , think most of my time went to the interface. It allways bugs me when I see something that doesn't look or feel how I want it.

Well, lights out for me...

gr. RLX

Edited by rlx

Update:

It Runs Smoothly!, I used the Version2 (ktbjx's Suggestion), He does have a point, the version1 is good when i have 10K or 20K lines only, because it has a small chance of getting the same SUM with 2 totally different lines. But it's bound to happen when we're talking about 100K above. ktbjx's suggestion was to concatenate all 4 values into 1 so it will be a unique string... But both seems to run fast! well, im testing it on 50K here and its fast!

Just a thought, Can it be done without the excel window showing? Its kinda redundant seeing the data in the dialog(which is the only thing i need) and having the excel window showing too in the background. I have this impulse to click it and see if the data is there, then i know that it is there lol!

Edited by ScoRm

8 hours ago, ScoRm said:

Update:

It Runs Smoothly!, I used the Version2 (ktbjx's Suggestion), He does have a point, the version1 is good when i have 10K or 20K lines only, because it has a small chance of getting the same SUM with 2 totally different lines. But it's bound to happen when we're talking about 100K above. ktbjx's suggestion was to concatenate all 4 values into 1 so it will be a unique string... But both seems to run fast! well, im testing it on 50K here and its fast!

Just a thought, Can it be done without the excel window showing? Its kinda redundant seeing the data in the dialog(which is the only thing i need) and having the excel window showing too in the background. I have this impulse to click it and see if the data is there, then i know that it is there lol!

in the lisp file on line 354 you can change

(vla-put-visible *excel-app* :vlax-true)

->

(vla-put-visible *excel-app* :vlax-false)

could make a toggle so user can select this behavier.

Button 'Find Row' lets user select a row in the xls file and show the data in goldfinder dialog so here excel obviously should be visible.

🐲

Holy 💩 @rlx, looks like you are having alot of fun!

Nice job - and OP should be much more grateful (maybe a gold bullion for the routine?) ! 🍻

Sorry to hear about your mom - aging is stricking all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grrr said:

Holy 💩 @rlx, looks like you are having alot of fun!

Nice job - and OP should be much more grateful (maybe a gold bullion for the routine?) ! 🍻

Sorry to hear about your mom - aging is stricking all of us.

IKR?! he is so awesome! i am so lucky he took the time helping me... 
lol i wish i could have some gold bullions too, or even just a nugget! 

1 hour ago, rlx said:

@Grrr , I am (we are) not in for the money (but 1% of all the gold & silver he finds would be nice though haha)

😴

hahaha! I am Very greatful for this, i changed the visible true in excel window and its just perfect!

you added more and i like it! now i can trace back the line where it is(for checking visually)

It looked like a nice challenge to make and after I saw what OP had to do for his work , I thought , gee , I don't know what this guy did wrong , but his boss must really hate him :danger: for having him check every point manually🤪 haha. So I decided to try to make OP's life a little less miserable :P

🐉

13 hours ago, ScoRm said:

IKR?! he is so awesome! i am so lucky he took the time helping me... 
lol i wish i could have some gold bullions too, or even just a nugget! 

hahaha! I am Very greatful for this, i changed the visible true in excel window and its just perfect!

you added more and i like it! now i can trace back the line where it is(for checking visually)

I'm just glad I could ease your pain :beer:

Want to add (say) one more ting , two actually. The zoom to line function uses zoom to center. This requires a scale factor. This factor is relative to your current zoom level. If you do a zoom extents , directly followed by zoom to line , chances are not much changes because the easiest (lazy) thing to do was to just use a fixed scale factor of 1 , effectively emulating the pan command. So this command keeps your current zoom level... just so you know, you know...

One last more generic advise : regularly save your work because AutoCAD can become unstable when running out of ram. Also , the longer you remain in AutoCAD , the bigger the undo file gets. Not sure if it has a max size. But a couple of times a day I close AutoCAD completely so I can start a fresh...

Happy gold digging 😅

🐉

Edited by rlx

13 hours ago, rlx said:

I'm just glad I could ease your pain :beer:

Want to add (say) one more ting , two actually. The zoom to line function uses zoom to center. This requires a scale factor. This factor is relative to your current zoom level. If you do a zoom extents , directly followed by zoom to line , chances are not much changes because the easiest (lazy) thing to do was to just use a fixed scale factor of 1 , effectively emulating the pan command. So this command keeps your current zoom level... just so you know, you know...

One last more generic advise : regularly save your work because AutoCAD can become unstable when running out of ram. Also , the longer you remain in AutoCAD , the bigger the undo file gets. Not sure if it has a max size. But a couple of times a day I close AutoCAD completely so I can start a fresh...

Happy gold digging 😅

🐉

thanky you sir! I didn't know that about Autocad. I better be saving more frequent then lol!
Really thank you sir, your work is a big help!