tangents and centres of circle

i want to draw a line tangent to 2 circles. i enabled the tangent option using shift + right click option but still lines are not tangent. Why?

in my autocad it is not showing the location of centre of circle after enabling the centre option using shift+right click.why?

Are you using shift+right click to pick the tangent option, for both the start and the second point of the line, after picking the first point with shift+right click osnaps revert back to the standard settings for the next point.

Steven is correct. To draw a line tangent to two circles, you must select the TAN snap for both ends of the line.

As for your other question, to snap to the center of a circle, you must click on the circumference of the circle. It's a leap of faith, so to speak. When you use the override, you've specified only one type of snap, so you can't select anything except a center. In fact, if you pick a point that isn't on a circle or near the center of one, you'll get an error. You should see a tick at the center when you hover over the circumference.