AUTOCAD HATCH - USER DEFINED (DOUBLE HATCH ISSUE)

HI GUYS

I HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEBODY CAN

CLEAR THIS UP

FOR A "DOUBLE HATCH"

IFYOU SELECT "HATCH"

SELECT "USER DEFINED"

PUT ALL THE "VALUES" IN THAT ONE NEEDS

BY TICKING THE "DOUBLE" YOU CANNOT HAVE DIFFERENT VALUES FOR X-AXIS & Y AXIS (YOU CAN ONLY HAVE EQUAL VALUES)

I KNOW YOU CAN OVERCOME THE PROBLEM BY CREATING HATCH PATTERNS

BUT I STILL THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT FEATURE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE TWO TICK BOXES WHERE YOU CAN PUT IN X-AXIS VALUE IN THE ONE

BOX AND Y-AXIS VALUE IN THE OTHER BOX INSTEAD OF ONLY ONE (THIS IS ONE THING IN AUTOCAD THAT IRRITATES ME IN A SENSE)

AM I MISSING THE POINT OR IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT

REGARDS

NIEKO

• 3 months later...

If I understand you correctly you are talking about kind of like a dynamic hatch input more like inserting X, Y values to create a rectangle than the traditional way the hatch command works?

There may be a LISP routine or other AutoCAD add-on with this capability.  Autodesk app store would be worth checking out.

-ChriS

Edited by ammobake

A quick way is explode hatch and then make the pattern a block and then you can have X Y Z scales. Like Ammobake there may be  a "hatch to block" out there do a search.

That's just how the thing is designed, if you want double with different values then hatch twice using an angle of 90 and a different spacing, it would be fairly easy to do that in a macro, depending on your settings, this one uses angles of "0" and "90" and let's you enter values for the spacing separately. You need to pick the internal point to hatch twice, and using 'lastpoint' you could get away with just the one pick.

^C^C^C-hatch;p;u;0;\n;\;;p;u;90;\n;\;

To Neiko can you describe what it is your trying to do if its simple rectang pattern say y=2x you can create a custom pattern that matches. There is herringbone versions and brick versions out there if you ask.

This is the Net pattern you can see a simple X & Y value 

*NET, Horizontal / vertical grid
0, 0,0, 0,.125
90, 0,0, 0,.125

so a 2y

*NET2y, Horizontal / vertical 
0, 0,0, 0,.125
90, 0,0, 0,.25