Lisp for fittings

Alcapone001

Am looking for a Lisp routine that gives a sketch of the pipe connection and lists the fittings required. Basically the variables here are the pipe diameter and pipe material.

25 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

Found it for you its called Google.

Wouldnt have asked if it was that easy. Obviously Google was my first stop, then the Expert Section (Here)

I think the problem is your 1st request is to vauge you need to describe more clearly what the connections are do they meet some form of world standard then you have a chance of finding an answer. BS XXXX etc Just asking for pipe connection what type of pipe ? water sewer stormwater gas pressure oil all different. I dont do anything with mechnaical piping. I am sure people like Remark and Tharwat may be able to help.

5 hours ago, BIGAL said:

I think the problem is your 1st request is to vauge you need to describe more clearly what the connections are do they meet some form of world standard then you have a chance of finding an answer. BS XXXX etc Just asking for pipe connection what type of pipe ? water sewer stormwater gas pressure oil all different. I dont do anything with mechanical piping. I am sure people like Remark and Tharwat may be able to help.

I intentionally left it open. Because from the Google searches I haven't found anything that covers connections. Therefore I thought I should simply try and see what is available first. Whether for Water, Sewers or gas to whatever Standard. The point is if there is one that covers any of the applications under whatever Standard, I can always modify it to suit my particular need. Basically what I need is more or less a template to work on and adjust accordingly. For your information this is what am trying to define

image.png.6b0749170491ab8054e4eac971df28c1.png

image.thumb.png.26f3cad071b61097eaa2ad420ef7b2a5.png

image.thumb.png.dab05b35f00b661500623c2a0432d0fc.png

The fittings required will obviously vary depending on the size and material of the pipes connecting. So was hopping for a lisp that you can select the Pipe Diameter and Material, then it outputs the sketch and required fittings from a predefined Database/ Options.

Edited by Alcapone001

7 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

This is what was needed. Some one should be able to help it looks like a library of blocks.

Okay cool 

I think essentially one can define the blocks, then based on the pipe material and size chosen, the relevant block is brought up...

11 minutes ago, ronjonp said:

I've used THIS in the past ... it's not free but has a ton of different pipe materials and fittings.

I think this is more or less what I was looking for. Though my concept was in a more simpler manner, using a lisp that calls up blocks. But this gives me ideas. Thank you

4 hours ago, Tharwat said:

Thank you @BIGAL for your kind recommendation. 

I think such a process requires a custom program but can not write it for free.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Just a hint you can do numbers inside a circle in mtext if I remember correct its a TTF with left 1/2 number right half.

Using xdata is probably the way to go so a line has a hidden diameter.

• Like 1