Rectangle LISP

CKLMLL95

I am drawing buildings that use panels.  I may draw a rectangle that is 10' long and 3/4" wide.  I need a lisp routine using rectangle.  I need point to point, straight line defines distance, and able to define the width of the rectangle needed. 

Thanks

(defun c:RectLeftSide (/ a p1 p2 p3 p4 w wS)
 (princ "\n  c:RectOr  :  V  :  1 . 04 . 2019  .")
 (setq pi2 (/ pi 2.))
 (while (and (setq p1 (getPoint "\n   FIRST  Corner  :   <  Pick  >   ;   <  Enter =  STOP  >  :  "))
          (setq p2 (getPoint p1 "\n   SECOND  Corner  :   <  Pick  >  ;   <  Enter =  STOP  >  :  "))
          (setq wS (getString "\n   WIDE  :   <  Enter =  STOP  >  :  ")) )
  (progn
   (setq w (AtoF wS)  a (angle p1 p2)  p3 (polar p2 (+ a pi2) w)  p4 (polar p1 (+ a pi2) w)   )
;;;   (command "_.pLine" p1 p2 p3 p4 "c")
   (entMake (list '(0 . "LwPolyLine") '(100 . "AcDbEntity") '(100 . "AcDbPolyline") '(8 . "0") '(62 . 256) '(90 . 4) '(70 . 1) '(38 . 0) (cons 10 p1) '(40 . 0) '(41 . 0) (cons 10 p2) (cons 10 p3) (cons 10 p4) ))
 )) ; w
 (princ "\n  c:RectOr  :   E N D  .")
 (princ)
)

1 . Try this .

2 . Or do you want to divide the length into segments of 10' x 3/4"  ?

3 . Maybe you need to Hatch the rectangles too .

Edited by Costinbos77

What about what is left if you have 33 then thats 3x10 plus a 3 do you want a bim as well so at end you get how many 10 and all the odds as a part list ?

Try this :

(defun c:RectLeftSide (/ a ai d di hSi hAi hNi l o p1 p2 p3 p4 pE w wS)
; Globale : l w lR
 (princ "\n  c:RectOr  :  V  :  1 . 04 . 2019  .")
 (setVar "CmdEcho" 0)
 (if (numberP l) T (setq l 10.)) ; if
 (if (numberP w) T (setq w 3.)) ; if
 (if (= (type lR) 'Str) T (setq lR "Rectangle")) ; if
 (setq coL (getString (strCat "\n   LENGTH  :   <  Enter =  " (RtoS l 2 4) "  >  :  "))
       pi2 (/ pi 2.)  osm (getVar "osMode")  hNi (getVar "hpName")  hSi (getVar "hpScale")  hAi (getVar "hpAng")  )
 (command "_.Layer" "_N" "Rectangle,Hatch" "_C" 1 "Rectangle" "_C" 8 "Hatch" "")
 (setVar "hpName" "ANSI31") (setVar "hpScale" 4) (setVar "hpAng" 0) 
 (while (and (setq p1 (getPoint "\n   START  Point  :   <  Pick  >   ;   <  Enter =  STOP  >  :  "))
             (setq pE (getPoint p1 "\n   END  Point  :   <  Pick  >  ;   <  Enter =  STOP  >  :  "))
             (setq a (angle p1 pE)  d (distance p1 pE)  wS (getString (strCat "\n   WIDE  :   <  Enter =  " (RtoS w 2 4) "  >  :  ")))
        )
  (setVar "osMode" 0)
  (if (= wS "") T (setq w (AtoF wS)  ) ) ; if
   (while (equal (setq ai (angle p1 pE)) a 0.0001) ;(= (setq ai (angle p1 pE)) a)
    (setq di (distance p1 pE)  p2 (polar p1 a (if (>= di l) l di))  p3 (polar p2 (+ a pi2) w)  p4 (polar p1 (+ a pi2) w)   )
;;;   (command "_.pLine" p1 p2 p3 p4 "c")
    (setq o (entMakeX (list '(0 . "LwPolyLine") '(100 . "AcDbEntity") '(100 . "AcDbPolyline") (cons 8 lR) '(62 . 256) '(90 . 4) '(70 . 1) '(38 . 0) (cons 10 p1) '(40 . 0) '(41 . 0) (cons 10 p2) (cons 10 p3) (cons 10 p4) )) )
    (command "_.Zoom" "_O" o "" "_.bHatch" "_S" o "" "") ; "_.Text" "_M" pp hTextM 0 txt) ; end of c
    (setq p1 p2)
   ) ; w

) ; w

(setVar "hpName" hNi) (setVar "hpScale" hSi) (setVar "hpAng" hAi) (setVar "osMode" osm) (setVar "CmdEcho" 1)
 (princ "\n  c:RectOr  :   E N D  .")
 (princ)
)

Rectangle10x3.jpg

Edited by Costinbos77

A couple of suggestions.

One of the quick ways to make multiple rectangs and hatch is to use array you only need set snapang to the angle of the 2 pick points. Create only 1 rectang and hatch using last.

Not sure why you are using getstring for entry of a real value. 

I have a little library defun that checks if layer exists handy when you run multiple times.

Hello BigAl ,

1 . my first intention was to define a dynamic block with L=10 and Wide = variable Stretch .

But I was thinking CKLMLL95 can do that without any help ( Google or YouTube are around ) .

Array command ? Good idea ! That is another story .  

I am not sure if CKLMLL95  will prefer one hatch instead of individual hatches . But I can see we are more interested in this then the initiator himself .

2 . 

Not sure why you are using getstring for entry of a real value. 

Because I am lazy and I like to use Enter = "" to approve an existing Value . 

Maybe initGet can do something like this , somehow .

I have a little library defun that checks if layer exists handy when you run multiple times.

How or where can we see this library ?

Thank you very much Mr. BigAl .

Are very great ideas , as a proper programmer !

If you can send an example for function AH:GetValsM , how the argument list DCLlst looks for 3 choices ?

And for (AH:Butts   AHdef verHor butLst)  as well , will be great !

Thanks in advance .

Inside Multi getvals and Multi radio buttons is example code.

Basicly you can have as many lines of input as you like the entry box size is individually sized for each entry. It does though return a list of strings, the limit of lines may be screen size etc I have set entry limit to 145 characters and seemed ok.

; (if (not AH:getvalsm)(load "Multi Getvals.lsp"))
; (setq ans (AH:getvalsm (list "This is heading" "Line 1" 5 4 "11" "Line2" 8 7 "22" "Line3" 8 7 "33" "Line4" 8 7 "4")))
;

; (setq newvals (AH:getvalsm (list "Cross fall percent" "Enter Horizontal scale " 5 4 "100" "Enter Vertical scale" 5 4 "50" "Enter number of decimal places" 5 4 "2")))
; note the values are strings

; (setq newvals (AH:getvalsm (list "Percent required " "Enter % " 5 4 "100"))

In the radio buttons the verhor is "V" or "H" for vertical or horizontal.

Edited by BIGAL

Thank you very much Mr. BigAl !

If you can reveal for us the consistency of (AH :Butts AHdef verHor butLst) will be great !

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Costinbos77

Not sure what you mean by consistency.

I made Multi button to replace initget, Multi getvals was created where you need to input values anywhere from 1 line to 14 the limit is a dcl thing. You just see so much code that ask line after line input. Your eyes have to go to the bottom of the screen and you can set default values.

Ther results are strings but thats easy to make real or integer. You visually see all your value before pressing OK so mistakes are reduced.

Edited by BIGAL

Hello Mr. BigAl .

If you can reveal to us the arguments of AH :Butts , will be great. 

AHdef = ?

verHor = H or V ;

butLst = ? 

As you don it for AH:getvalsm .

Thank you very much. 

This is sort of hijacking the post.

I am happy for administrator to create a new post.

"Library Multi button and Multi line input dcl's"

Will try to explain more then.

Edited by BIGAL