Find, select all...but don't zoom!

itacad

Hello, I have to check the presence and distribution of a series of texts on a plan...these texts are a series of alphanumeric abbreviations and are checked one at a time...

I activate the find command, and after it finds the texts, I create a selection group so I see clearly how it is distributed...my problem is that every time a sort of zoom is performed around the area of the selection group...I would like to avoid this unsolicited zoom ...I would like to keep the displayed area fixed for as long as I use the sequence of commands, find + create group + cancel selection and again find + create group + cancel selection...

Is it possible?

Greetings

You may have to resort to ssget all text then go through it to find the "string" and make a new selection set SSADD then do what ever. use a layer filter also to reduce the size of the selection set.

Hello and in the meantime, thanks for the reply...in my case I don't need to isolate the objects because I need to "see" them selected in the context...to tell you about the complete steps, after I have performed the search and the selection I take a screenshot, but every time I zoom in to the area of the design I need...it would be much simpler if it remained "all stopped"!

What happens if you 'Zoom Previous'  to get back to the initial view, do they still stay selected?

I understand that isn't quite what you are looking for, but it may be a work around.

thanks for the idea, but unfortunately the selection disappears, and not even calling it via "select previous"...

You can get your text then find the matching text making a list then zoom to each text make a decision next or exit, you need a 2nd bit resume search. It would be about saving a global list of the text entities.

this is just a method example

(alert "pick a few text")
(setq ss (ssget (list (cons 0 "text"))))
(repeat (setq x (sslength ss))
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq x (- x 1)))))
(setq pt (vlax-safearray->list (vlax-variant-value(vla-get-InsertionPoint obj))))
(command "zoom" "c" pt 100)
(getstring "press any key to continue")
)
; the value of X is saved for resume command

Edited by BIGAL