OBJECT DATA ASSIGNEMENT

NBCAD

Hello,

As part of a project I must assign an object data table to all elements of the drawing according to their layer. I am looking for an automated solution to assign the Objects Data tables to the elements of the drawing other than by selecting the different layers one by one. Knowing nothing in programming, I ask you to find ways to achieve this result.

On the other hand, once the object data tables (Object data) assigned to the various elements I want to find a way fast enough to copy some attribute objects in the corresponding "Object Data" fields. For example copy the value of the orientation of a block (Attribute Value "Rotation") in the corresponding OD field (Attribute Value "ARE_ORIENT"), as in the attachment.

I am currently doing these manipulations by hand and this is a huge waste of time. I am interested in any solution as small as it is!

Thank you!!

Copy Rotation to ARE_ORIENT.png

Good evening.
I already asked you on the Autodesk forum - which program, but you did not answer.
You are not using AutoCAD, you have AutoCADMAP !!!
These are different things.
It is necessary to write a new function to handle, it is not easy.
And as I understand you will have a lot of wishes - it will grow into a big program, and this is a great investment of time and effort.
This requires private discussion.

Taking GIS data and converting to useable Autocad data can be a big task. Like maratovich may need a paid solution, the other way is to write the output from your GIS in the 1st place as pure Autocad objects and not "Object Data".

We were lucky and had some of these type of enhancements and could export directly there are some really good GIS add ons out there try Googling.

The obvious would be a block with attributes versus an object with "Object data", an example our contours export does it on a layer that was elevation 100 110 120 etc.

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, NBCAD said:

As part of a project I must assign an object data table to all elements of the drawing according to their layer. I am looking for an automated solution to assign the Objects Data tables to the elements of the drawing other than by selecting the different layers one by one. Knowing nothing in programming, I ask you to find ways to achieve this result.

This task is solved in free ODCLASS - see Autodesk App Store.
You must create a description file for all the desired object types (the desired layers) and the desired OD - ODCLASS_TEMPLATE command. You must manually transfer the descriptions of the desired ODs for their object types. Download this description file - ODCLASS_LOAD. And ODCLASS_DEFINE all graphics at once to attach the desired ODs to their layers.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, NBCAD said:

On the other hand, once the object data tables (Object data) assigned to the various elements I want to find a way fast enough to copy some attribute objects in the corresponding "Object Data" fields. For example copy the value of the orientation of a block (Attribute Value "Rotation") in the corresponding OD field (Attribute Value "ARE_ORIENT"), as in the attachment.

This task is solved with text attributes and free ODEDIT - see Autodesk App Store. Create an attribute in the objects (blocks) with a field reading Rotation. You create the text file of compliances: blok_name <tab> attribute_name <tab>od_name<tab>OD_field_name. You ODEDIT_LOAD_ATTRS transfer the attribute value to the OD field.