Not happy with render output

NoroZorro

Hello forum!

I'm new to 3ds max.

I don't know, if the attached image is a maximum i can get from v-ray render.

In fact, i don't know what to expect. So far, I'm not happy with end result.

Image looks like a 2d.

I can't define what i dislike about the result. Image is not rich in details depth and other characteristics.

Any input is appreciated

regards

tut.jpg

1 hour ago, NoroZorro said:

Image looks like a 2d.

I can't define what i dislike about the result. Image is not rich in details depth and other characteristics.

Well, if you set your camera directly in front of the building and hit render, you're going to get an image that looks flat. You should swing the camera view around slightly so you catch some of the side of the building. This will give the render some depth. Also, if you're rendering through the viewport, (not with a camera), make sure the viewport is set to Perspective, not Orthographic.

As for Vray, I have never used it, so I can't help you with render settings or anything like that. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube though. Have you watched any videos?

Any time you stick the camera directly in front of the object you're rendering, you're going to get a very boring render. If you look at the image below, I could have put the camera at eye level and stuck it directly in front of the building, but that would have been very boring, so I elevated the camera, moved it off center, swung it around a little to the right and caught the building at a bit of an angle and it makes for a more interesting image.

Also, whenever possible, try to add some life to your renders with plants, trees, cars, people, etc.

Spend some time browsing through Google images to see what other people are doing. This will give you a lot of good ideas to use in your own renders.

https://www.google.com/search?q=architectural+3d+rendering&client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=tus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim4dCd5t_hAhWQtp4KHT4eC3YQ_AUIDigB&biw=1477&bih=874

courtyard.jpg