Need Help for Modeling

kwayteow

Hi All,  i have plan to make head dish like attach picture, but i can't to figure out how to do that. I already try to use loft command but it's not work because i cant get round shape, is there anyone can help me to make that drawing. sorry for my english

Thanks

56917941_796348974077484_263071278070497280_n.jpg

56162378_257943944995563_3496527451129905152_n.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwayteow

• ReMark

• Cad64

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have provided only two views.  Is the bottom of the object flat or not?  I don't understand what you mean by "I can't get round shape".  The object isn't round to begin with as far as I can see.

I dont do much 3d but two 1/2 circles inner and outer radius subtract from them the outside shape as a 3d object as a plan view then subtract the inner 1/2 circle.

Edited by BIGAL

On 4/20/2019 at 5:13 AM, ReMark said:

You have provided only two views.  Is the bottom of the object flat or not?  I don't understand what you mean by "I can't get round shape".  The object isn't round to begin with as far as I can see.

that dwg is only sample i want to make that kind of shape with different dimension size, i try to make it with loft command but not good looking as you can see in dwg side view is smooth and good looking round shape at the top and at the edge of dish. or is there another way to make this shape. btw that one is dish head of palm oil transport tank.

On 4/20/2019 at 5:38 AM, BIGAL said:

I dont do much 3d but two 1/2 circles inner and outer radius subtract from them the outside shape as a 3d object as a plan view then subtract the inner 1/2 circle.

thanks for reply sir, but because of my limit english i can't figure out what solution that you said, can you explain it more detail sir? it would be help much, sorry for trouble that i make

hi All, here i send the sample comparation between how i draw (blue) with sample (red), I was curious about how to way make the drawing like the sample (red). seem like more accurate and smooth, because i afraid my drawing will get problem when it go to fabrication.

Referensi Truk Tangki Sawit.jpg

pertamina 24000 vol 1.jpg

Referensi Truk Tangki Sawit_.jpg

pertamina 24000 vol 1_.jpg

11 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Was the sample (red) created in Autocad?

Yes sir, base on dwg description, actualy its a part of dish head of palm oil tank it's annoy me to draw is because its not round or ellipse which is more easier to create

Do you think it suppose to be create with other design software?

9 hours ago, kwayteow said:

Do you think it suppose to be create with other design software?

I don't know, I was just looking at the wireframe mesh and thinking it might have been created in another program.

You could probably loft this shape in Autocad, but you would need to take a different approach. Look at the difference between the blue mesh and the red mesh. The red mesh has a lot fewer cross sections and they are horizontal and vertical. The blue mesh has too many cross sections and they are radial.

Try doing something like what I'm showing below, with just a few vertical cross sections. Creating something like this will be a lot of trial and error, refining the cross sections until you get a shape that works.

Cross Sections.jpg

A radial answer will create the best shape its like a football oval we have here in Aus that they are domed and often on a sloped plane complicating it. Becuase its earthern there is a lot of tolaernace in the shape so grader operator smooths it out.

It may be solvable by perhaps by having a fixed central dome and a edge curvature then a 3rd arc tangential to the two curves but has a constantly changing radius as you swing angle. Just not sure how smooth. It could be lisped for plan angle.

Software that do nurbs will do it easier.

Edited by BIGAL

15 hours ago, ReMark said:

It doesn't look like any dish head I have ever encountered.  

Yes sir but that shape is what they used in here and make me got headache as a newbie

K1s77ygLLK.jpg

12 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

A radial answer will create the best shape its like a football oval we have here in Aus that they are domed and often on a sloped plane complicating it. Becuase its earthern there is a lot of tolaernace in the shape so grader operator smooths it out.

It may be solvable by perhaps by having a fixed central dome and a edge curvature then a 3rd arc tangential to the two curves but has a constantly changing radius as you swing angle. Just not sure how smooth. It could be lisped for plan angle.

Software that do nurbs will do it easier.

Thanks for reply well actually I'm trying to figure out how to get the best shape because length size already have determined so to get volume that required i have to modify in shape, btw i haven't use nurbs in autocad before, but i will tried 

13 hours ago, Cad64 said:

I don't know, I was just looking at the wireframe mesh and thinking it might have been created in another program.

You could probably loft this shape in Autocad, but you would need to take a different approach. Look at the difference between the blue mesh and the red mesh. The red mesh has a lot fewer cross sections and they are horizontal and vertical. The blue mesh has too many cross sections and they are radial.

Try doing something like what I'm showing below, with just a few vertical cross sections. Creating something like this will be a lot of trial and error, refining the cross sections until you get a shape that works.

Cross Sections.jpg

Actually  you right i use loft to create it, i use point at the end of loft command, how the way to make that shape

9 hours ago, kwayteow said:

Actually  you right i use loft to create it, i use point at the end of loft command, how the way to make that shape

Well, that explains why you ended up with the shape that you got. If you just used a point at the end of the loft then there was no framework for the loft to follow, to generate any sort of curvature across the surface.

I'm working today, but if I have time later, maybe I can put together an example of what I'm showing in the image, unless someone else gets to it before me.

Ok, here's a quick and dirty example of what I was proposing. The surface is a bit rough, since I only spent about 20 minutes on it, but you could get a much better and smoother looking surface if you spend more time on it.

You would also need to convert the surface to a solid in order to extrude the bottom, like what's shown in your first image. I tried to do it, using the CONVTOSOLID command, but of course, Autocad wouldn't cooperate, so I'm not sure how to make that happen. Autocad is such an unforgiving program, which is why I don't use it for 3D.

Anyway,  those are my thoughts on how to create this object.

Loft.jpg

Loft2.jpg

12 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Ok, here's a quick and dirty example of what I was proposing. The surface is a bit rough, since I only spent about 20 minutes on it, but you could get a much better and smoother looking surface if you spend more time on it.

You would also need to convert the surface to a solid in order to extrude the bottom, like what's shown in your first image. I tried to do it, using the CONVTOSOLID command, but of course, Autocad wouldn't cooperate, so I'm not sure how to make that happen. Autocad is such an unforgiving program, which is why I don't use it for 3D.

Anyway,  those are my thoughts on how to create this object.

Loft.jpg

Loft2.jpg

thanks sir for the reply it's enlighten me now, i never thought to do that way considered think that i'm gonna get problem to get a better shape, i'll try to do that way

update: I already try to do that way its work, but you are right the object can not convert to solid

Edited by kwayteow
update

13 hours ago, ReMark said:

Could you loft cross-sections to obtain the shape?

Thanks for the comment sir, working on it now, problem is can not convert to solid

Edited by kwayteow
update