Ray Traced option not available in Autocad 2019

maximcyc

Hi all, I'm beginner in Autocad 2019 rendering section, currently I follow tutorial of "Adding Sunlights to Your Drawing", when setting shadow options theres no "Ray Traced" option, any prompt reply would be highly appreciated. Thank you!!

What tutorial are you following? If it's more than 2 years old, it's no longer relevant since Autocad no longer uses Mental Ray as it's rendering engine.

Take a look at the link below for information about the new render engine.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-94CF8D57-8844-495B-AD85-003D1C32B406-htm.html

Hi Cad64 mentor :)

thanks for the provided link im reading it.

The tutorial I was following here: https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/adding-sunlight.php

Since mental ray option no longer available in autocad 2019, is there any alternative way to create same effect as old version mental ray does? Sorry im totally newbie in 3D, only work on 2D in previous 7 years 😅

The latest/updated Autocad 2019 tutorial especially 3d basic and modeling section is all I need, sincerely appreciate for any provided tutorial link source :)

6 hours ago, maximcyc said:

The tutorial I was following here: https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/adding-sunlight.php

Since mental ray option no longer available in autocad 2019, is there any alternative way to create same effect as old version mental ray does?

Yeah, that tutorial is ancient. It was created at least 12 years ago, maybe longer.

You shouldn't need raytraced shadows with the new rendering engine. Shadows should be realistic without having to do any tweaking of settings. If you're having trouble with shadows, post a render so we can see what's happening.

6 hours ago, maximcyc said:

The latest/updated Autocad 2019 tutorial especially 3d basic and modeling section is all I need, sincerely appreciate for any provided tutorial link source :)

I don't think many people really use Autocad for 3D work, which is probably why it's so difficult to find good tutorials. Your best bet would be to search Youtube for 2018 or 2019 tutorials. Anything prior to 2018 would probably still be using the old mental ray rendering engine.