how to set OSNAP always on?

On 5/25/2019 at 12:03 AM, BIGAL said:

Ok will try again, as you have a support directory c:\cadstuff take what I have posted previously paste into notepad and then saveas c:\cadstuff\acaddoc.lsp. Add this also. The other commands will work also.

(defun c:167 (setvar "osmode" 167))

At any time your osnaps are wrong just type 167 it should work.

ACADDOC.LSP 582 B · 0 downloads

The ACADDOC.LSP is saved in the directory you suggested,  however, each time  I start CAD , I need to load it!    actually even if I load ACADDOC, the osnap don't get turned on. I need to load the (setvar "osmode" 167)   lisp..... but for crying out loud, isn't it possible to have this OSNAP always on, each time I start CAD? :)

Screenshot - 26_05_2019 , 13_26_45.png

6 hours ago, cat3appr said:

..... but for crying out loud, isn't it possible to have this OSNAP always on, each time I start CAD? :)

As the OSMODE system variable is saved in the Registry, it will always be available when you start CAD. If it is on when you finish CAD, it will always be on when you next start CAD.

Therefore something is happening to stop it. Perhaps an App is stopping it, or you are pressing some keys. It may be easier to find out WHY Osnap is turning off, because you are obviously having problems with the solutions proposed.

• Like 1

Agree with Eldon sounds like some other problem. We have been giving you work arounds. Also add (command "167") as the last line.

22 hours ago, eldon said:

Therefore something is happening to stop it. Perhaps an App is stopping it, or you are pressing some keys. It may be easier to find out WHY Osnap is turning off, because you are obviously having problems with the solutions proposed.

Yes I found out what's the issue, I'm using an add on that automatically plot numbers to create profiles, and other charts. I noticed that this add on has to close all the open drawings and it sets the SDI to 1 ...  might this be the cause?