Text woes.

I have a quick one for the experts. I am working in an AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 drawing an am having a problem entering a single or multiple line text. I have entered TEXT at both the Command line and by selecting TEXT at the top bar. Typical prompts ask for justification, height and rotation, I enter one or more characters, hit return and enter a few more on the second, or third line, hit enter again to accept the selection and my drawing freezes up. I wait for a moment thinking the drawing is doing an automatic save....and never am returned to my cursor. The only way to return to the drawing is dumping it at the Task Manager. Naturally the first time I discovered this was after doing a significant amount of drafting only to loose the work with a freeze up.

I tried to research AutoCAD help, the suggestions there say it may be related to multiple text styles in the drawing??? Never had this happen before. I should be able to enter text like any other character in the drawing.

Any help is appreciated.         

Does it do the same thing if you create MTEXT?

What does your task manager say when it freezes up? Are there any other processes that are consuming all of the CPU?