Turn off layers in CAD-links in multiple views using worksets?

Siberian

I often long for a way to turn off certain layers in CAD-links in multiple views at once. I believe I've read that this can be achieved by using worksets. I normally don't use worksets, so I don't have any experience with them. I've opened a test project and enabled worksharing and created a workset. But I don't really know where to go from there to achieve what I want. Can someone elaborate?

1,000% do not use Worksets for this. Simply open up Visibility/Graphics > Imported Categories, expand the imported/linked DWG file and uncheck the layers needed. The greatest mistake AutoCAD-to-Revit converts do is begin using Worksets for layer or visibility control. Let's just stop that terribly bad habit now while you're ahead. 

Tip: select the DWG link in your View, and refer to the ribbon. There is a tool that lets you select linework and it pops up a dialog in which you can hide - kind of like a Freeze tool in AutoCAD. 

Lastly, if you're looking for an efficient way to control this, then think about setting up View Templates that are specific for speedy tasks. For instance, you can have a View Template that only applies the pre-defined DWG layer control. Name it accordingly and apply it to other Views in batch, just to push those visibility control items project wide in a seamless fashion. And if you're not using View Templates yet, you are missing out on one of the most powerful features of Revit. 

-TZ