Autocad 2016 PDF Publish Problem

notredave

All,

Good morning. I have a couple of issues that I'm hoping that somebody can help me with. I will be plotting (publish) 350 or so drawings, all in model space to pdf. I made a trial run on 25 drawings. I have a go by drawing on my desktop with a pdf (Adobe, which quality is great) page setup that works just fine but all 25 drawings get lumped into 1 file, then I have to extract and rename each individual pdf's. Is there a lisp or something that can publish multiple pdf's and have output of individual drawings with each individual drawing name as file? And as an added bonus, I know, beggars can't be choosy but I'm going to ask. Can output files be stripped of suffix "XXXX Model (1).pdf. Thank you very much for taking out time to read this and hopefully someone know of something that they would be willing to share.

Thanks again,

David

You could change the automatic plot settings to spit out individual files instead of binding them together.

In options -  plot and publish (tab) - automatic publish settings (button)

You would change "multi-sheet file" to "single sheet file"

You can also change the settings to only plot model space or the tabs.

I would also remember that when you actually go to publish this stuff you uncheck "open in viewer when done" in the publish menu lol. 

-ChriS

ammobake,

Thank you for your input but unfortunately it's still binding pdf's into one file. I set the options you said, applied them and tried it. I closed autocad and launched it again, checked my options and they were still set to single sheet file for pdf. Again, thank you for replying.

David

In the publish menu you want to select publish to "PDF" from the dropdown.  On the right you will see publish options button become available.  click that button.

You want to uncheck the box "Multi-sheet file".   That should do it.

ChriS

If you look at a lisp plot to pdf it will plot to a single pdf and be named whatever you want. You can script hundreds of dwg's 

here is an example

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "Cutepdf Writer"
           "A3"    "m"    "LANDSCAPE"       "N"   "W"  "-6,-6"    "807,560"    "1=2"  "C"
           "y"      "Designlasercolour.ctb" "Y"    "n"    "n"    "y"   "N" "N" "y"      )
    )

notredave

As always - without your example file, this is a fortune telling on tarot cards.
There are many solutions to your problem.
1. Give an example of your dwg file
2. Indicate how you want to get the result.

On the forum use Search.
Ready solution here.

Thank you BIGAL, ammobake and maratovich. BIGAL, thank you very much for the idea. I tweaked it to look like this:

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "ADOBE PDF"
           "LEDGER" "I" "LANDSCAPE" "N" "E" "Fit" "C" "Y"  "monochrome-light.ctb" "Y"
           "" "n" "n" "y"      )
    )

It worked great as a .lsp. My question is how can I accomplish doing this in multiple directories? I will do 1 directory at at time, no problem. I looked at Lee Mac's scrpit writer but .lsp extensions wont work, only script, .scr extensions. Any advice how I can run above lisp code on a directory without having to open each drawing and execute lisp routine?

Thank you,

David

Nevermind, I searched and found something that Lee Mac had posted on how to execute a lisp routine using his script writer. All is great now, thank you all for contributing. I really appreciate it.

_.open *file* (load "PDF.lsp) (c:PDF) _.qsave _.close

David

_.open *file* (load "" nil) (c:) _.qsave _.close

Edited by notredave
code didn't show up

I use old fashioned DOS and word to make my scripts it is very quick when you know how.

I just made a list of dwgs under top directory 623 dwgs it took about 1 second. It was up to 4 directories deep.

It took 2 minutes to make the 623 dwg script

open D:\Alan\1-22.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\2018040PA.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\2018081.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\24.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\2x2 ANGLE.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\33 Aldedownstairs.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\33 alden.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\3dhouse3.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

open D:\Alan\After 3d.dwg(load “myfix”) save close y

heres how it is done 

CMD on bottom left window of windows this will put you into command operating system mode. Using my example of d:\alan as top level

😧

Cd\alan

dir *.dwg /b/s >dirlst.txt

If you open dirlst.txt you will see a list of all your dwgs.

Edited by BIGAL

BIGAL,

You come through again with your expertise. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

David