Tree blocks

TOMJETLAND

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is a daft question! Can anyone point me in the direction of some free trees blocks? I need them for drawing street scene elevations and was wondering how I`m going to get my hands on some blocks? I need a block where I can edit the trunk , spread and height values. Any help/discussion would be useful. Thanks.

In civ3d you survey trees so you pick up trunk and spread as two values so its obvious you take advantage of a dynamic block that reads the description of a point and adjusts trunk size and spread  accordingly.

234,x,xy,z, tr3-S5 so this is a point that has a trunk of 0.3 m diameter and a spread of 5m so the block is drawn correctly.

If any one wants the code post a request.

For a street scene elevation, I would have thought that a tree in elevation would be more useful than a tree in plan, but that would have to have three inputs, trunk diameter, spread and height.

I haven't seen any of these, but I have waded through tree elevation blocks available free on various websites, until I found something that could be adapted.

Your right Eldon need 3d trees. 

A simple 3d tree is take a 2d tree flip vertical then copy and rotate around base point you end up with something at 1st glance looks 3d