Nagaraj Vastarey

Namaste.

I have set of 750 layers, organised for my own convenience with a set of 20 Group Filters and about 8 Property Filters. Exporting and importing the Layer States as .las files is a great utility. But while doing so, the layers do not get into the respective Group Filters and Property filters. Is there a utility that shall restore the exported/ imported layers as I have planned? 

Regards.  

I believe this tool will convert the point cloud data to where it can be imported to Recap 360 where you can convert it to an RCS.  From there you can import the RCS file to Autocad. See this.

https://www.teledyne-pds.com/faq-2/can-we-import-point-cloud-data-in-autocad/

There's also an add-on for civil3D that can import the point cloud data and immediately convert it to a TIN surface which is pretty cool.

But not helpful if you don't have civil3D.  They just had a new update that provides support for Civil3D 2020 and it's free.

http://dotsoft.com/blog/?p=508

I'm assuming it somehow filters out erroneous Lidar point data like plants and trees.

Fortunately, I've never had to deal with point clouds.

-ChriS

Huh?

The OP is asking about Group Filters and Property filters as they relate to importing Layer States, it has nothing to do with point clouds AFAIK.

To the OP, At one time exporting and importing Layer Filters could only be done in AutoCAD Architecture and maybe other verticals, I don't have AutoCAD 2019 to see if there is a way in a newer vanilla AutoCAD.

Previously, AutoCAD user ran a Script, VBA or LISP to accomplish this task AFAIK. Here is one LISP from DotSoft try the LFILTERIO.ZIP 

LAS is industry standard file type for lidar data which is point clouds.

Since the LAS file he is describing contains the layer states in his desired format, plugging that data back directly into autocad should restore the layers to their desired states.

I'm thinking ArcGIS might be another option for converting the file to something AutoCAD will recognize but I don't usually use ArcGIS so I'm not an expert.

The company I work for now uses ArcGIS pretty heavily for survey work.

ChriS

Edited by ammobake

Thanks for the mention SLW210, we just refreshed that freeware to include DLLs for newer versions of AutoCAD (2020), newer versions of BricsCAD (v19) and now for IntellCAD 8.4 or higher.  Note to the OP, this freeware handles top level, nested filters and I believe handles LayerGroup filters.  If you try it, let us know.

16 hours ago, ammobake said:

LAS is industry standard file type for lidar data which is point clouds.

Since the LAS file he is describing contains the layer states in his desired format, plugging that data back directly into autocad should restore the layers to their desired states.

I'm thinking ArcGIS might be another option for converting the file to something AutoCAD will recognize but I don't usually use ArcGIS so I'm not an expert.

The company I work for now uses ArcGIS pretty heavily for survey work.

ChriS

You need to reread the original post. AutoCAD uses .las as an extension for Layer States that are exported.

From AutoCAD Help.

EXPORT

Displays a standard file selection dialog box, where you can save the selected layer state to a layer state (LAS) file.