Dynamic Block Geometry Disappearing

resullins

All, I have a very simple dynamic block (a geometric shape that changes and rotates with 2 attributes). It appears in model space, works as designed, etc. But when I use BEDIT, none of my geometry appears in the block editor. The dynamic properties are all there, but no geometry. I made this thing on the fly in block editor, so I know it was there at some point. 

I've restarted AC

Checked all layers

Inserted into new drawing (same problem)

I've attached a drawing with the block. 

Help!!! AM I just having Friday brain?!?!?! 

Drawing2.dwg

In the block editor, your object geometry is only .25 across, and your rotational parameter circle (yellow dashed line) is 360 units radius.  Zoom extents don't do much for ya under those circumstances.

You just have to zoom the beejeezus out of the wheel to see your geometry.

I tried that.... I guess I didn't zoom far enough! So, when I made this block, it was definitely proportional, and I didn't have this problem. However, when I went to edit it, I clicked on an instance of the block that was using 3/16"=1' annotative scale. So the only thing that I can think is that the dynamic properties stick in the annotatively scaled size, but the geometry reverts to native size? 

That seems weird, but in line with other weird AutoCAD glitches. 

If I'm not mistaken, I actually do believe I tried using a 1:1 scaled block to edit, too, and it did the same thing. 

:shrug: Now I know! Thank you! 

7 hours ago, resullins said:

I tried that.... I guess I didn't zoom far enough! So, when I made this block, it was definitely proportional, and I didn't have this problem. However, when I went to edit it, I clicked on an instance of the block that was using 3/16"=1' annotative scale. So the only thing that I can think is that the dynamic properties stick in the annotatively scaled size, but the geometry reverts to native size? 

That seems weird, but in line with other weird AutoCAD glitches. 

If I'm not mistaken, I actually do believe I tried using a 1:1 scaled block to edit, too, and it did the same thing. 

:shrug: Now I know! Thank you! 

I don't really use annotative blocks myself, even though I exclusively use annotative dims & text so I am kinda out of my element with them.

I'd have thought the 1:1 thing would have worked.  Well, at least you can find the lines.